Why drive for Veritiv:
- Local routes with predictable hours - Most of our customers prefer daytime deliveries rather than nights, weekends or holidays. And with approximately 180 locations, our routes are local—all of which keeps you close to home.
- Quality equipment - From truck and trailers to the newest on-board technology, we maintain our fleet to the highest safety and performance standards.
- Compensation and benefits - In addition to great wages that are competitive across the industry, we offer each driver a full benefits package where available.
- Amazing people - Our drivers see and talk to customers every day, so we value and employ easygoing, sociable people who enjoy interacting with and getting to know coworkers and customers. The average driver has been with our company for over 15 years!
- Investment in you - No diploma? No problem. We want you to succeed—in all areas of your life. That’s why we offer up to $5,250 per calendar year of education assistance.
- We take your safety seriously - When it comes to quality and safety standards, we set the bar very high. On average, the age of our fleet does not exceed 10 years old.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive multi-axle truck or combination unit up to 80,000 lbs to transport and deliver products.
- Operate vehicle in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Inspect merchandise to check for shortages and reject damaged goods.
- Perform thorough Pre/Post Trip Inspections and accurately complete written inspection reports.
- Drive to designated delivery or pick up points applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area.
- Unload orders at delivery site utilizing equipment on truck: electric pallet jack, dolly, or by hand.
- Complete assigned delivery route in the pre-determined route sequence.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations. (i.e. DOT, FMCSA, CSA2010, etc.)
- May include some warehousing duties as well as other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL with a minimum of 2 years verifiable Class A experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent level of education.
- Hazmat endorsement is preferred.
- Experience operating material handling equipment.
- Must have the ability to lift, twist, and carry up to 65 pounds, manipulate (pushing, pulling) up to 160 pounds of product, and skids weighing up to 2,000 pounds utilizing pallet jack.
- Must be courteous, cooperative, respectful, and present a professional appearance when interacting with internal and external customers.
Veritiv Corporation (NYSE: VRTV) is a North American leader in business-to-business distribution solutions. Serving customers across virtually every industry, we provide print, publishing, packaging, facility and logistics solutions that give our customers a competitive edge and help shape their success. Veritiv was recently named to FORTUNE® 500.
Veritiv was established in 2014, following the merger of International Paper Company's xpedx business and Unisource Worldwide.
Role: CLASS A CDL TRUCK DRIVER / LOCAL
Apply for this job now.