The Human Resources Manager position plans and administers policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties.
• Ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
• Recruits, interviews, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
• Conducts new employee orientations to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
• Participates in safety committee, conducts facility walk-through’s identifying safety issues.
• Works with management and senior HR in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
• Assists in investigations of employee relations issues.
• Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs.
• Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization.
• Ensures plant is FLSA compliant.
• Conducts and designs training when requested.
• Leads monthly “Listening Sessions” with employees.
• Enters new hire paperwork as well as status changes into HRIS system.
• Initial review and submission of payroll.
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
Work Experience/KSA’s Required:
5-7 years - of progressive human resources experience with excellent communication and organizational skills; high degree of professionalism; excellent influencing skills; strong work ethic; team leadership; interpersonal and collaboration skills; change management and leadership skills; ability to work effectively in a highly matrix management structure. Experience in lean manufacturing highly desired.
• Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Project Management - develops project plans; manages project team activities.
• Interpersonal - maintains confidentiality.
• Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; demonstrates presentation skills.
• Team Work - balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
• Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Change Management - communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
• Delegation - sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
• Leadership - inspires and motivates others to perform well; influences actions and opinions of others; displays passion and optimism.
• Managing People - fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.
• Business Acumen - understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals.
• Diversity - demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
• Ethics - works with integrity and ethically.
• Strategic Thinking - develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Innovation - meets challenges with resourcefulness; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
• Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals.
• Planning/Organizing - sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
• Safety and Security - determines appropriate action beyond guidelines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word; Excel; Payroll and Human Resource systems.
• Minimum Required: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
• Preferred: Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field Certification/License
• Preferred: PHR / SPHR
• Foreign Language Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish considered a plus
Role: Human Resources Manager - Food Manufacturing Industry
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.