AR/AP Accounting Specialist
Marlyn Nutraceuticals is seeking an AR/AP Accounting Specialist experienced in the areas of accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash receipts and other related accounting functions. Under minimal supervision, this position requires the application of financial record keeping practices and clerical coordination. The ideal candidate is organized, detail-oriented, demonstrates strong verbal and written communication as well as the initiative to consistently manage time-sensitive projects. The selected candidate will assume responsibilities of an up-to-date and organized position in a clean, office environment.
Full cycle A/P duties to include:
- Responsible for the daily processing of accounts payable transactions in a purchase order environment, including matching documents for payment, auditing, coding, and entering into the accounts payable application.
- Processing customer invoices on a regular and timely basis, as well as interfacing with customers. This involves auditing, checking and reconciling balances and accounts as well as resolving issues with vendors.
- Running aging reports, preparing payment authorizations and issuing payments.
- Maintaining all accounts payable files, including W-9’s and insurance certificates.
- Assisting with 1099 preparation.
- Completing credit applications.
- Responsible for printing all daily, weekly and monthly accounts payable reports as well as assisting with year end reports.
Full cycle A/R duties to include:
- Matching invoices to shipment notifications, updating into the accounts receivable application, submitting invoices and filing back up documentation.
- Preparing daily cash reports.
- Assisting with cash projections.
Cash receipts duties to include:
- Logging payment receipt, recording in accounting software system, posting wire transfers and credit card payments and verifying deposits post correctly on bank statements.
Administer collections process:
- Run aging reports, call on past due customers and prepare collection reports for submission to Controller.
General office duties include managing office supplies, filing.
Other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of experience in accounts receivable and accounts payable in a purchase order environment.
- Business or Accounting degree a plus.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities independently in a fast-paced working environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office skills, including strong Excel skills.
Since 1948, Marlyn Nutraceuticals has been improving consumers' quality of life and enhancing wellness with our science based and clean label formulas , sold in nearly all major US drug and food stores. Together with Marlyn's green manufacturing philosophy, which guide every decision and accomplishment of our team, we not only thrive to improve quality of life but also to make a difference for our planet. In the same manner, we passionately believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Marlyn offers you not only an opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to the environment and its people, but also offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit packages. We offer paid holidays, vacation, sick time, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match as well as gift cards and luncheons/parties before major holidays. A wide range of benefit choices includes options for medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, short and long-term disability insurance plans, legal plans and pet insurance.
Role: AR/AP Accounting Specialist
Apply for this job now.