Position: Sales Engineer / Business Development
Locations available: Dundee, Aberdeen, Oxford, Derby
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 depending on technical sales experience and knowledge of market place
A Sales Engineer is required with a background in selling technical engineering products & developing business. You should have experience selling to customers involved with the following: Automation, Special Purpose Equipment/Machinery, System Integration, Robotics, Conveyors, Pneumatic, PLC, Sensors, Servo, Drives, Linear & Guidance Systems, Rotary/Indexing systems, Vision inspection systems, Capital Plant and Solution Sales.
Key experience & requirements for the Sales Engineer:
- You will identify opportunities with in the UK and help develop the business strategy.
- You should have previous experience with technical sales and business development and should be able to demonstrate your understanding of the automation sector.
- You should be able to give examples of when you have successfully dealt with automaton companies and how you have impacted on sales/account management/business development.
- In your role as the Sales Engineer you will oversee the quotation process through to service, spares and aftercare to ensure the customers are well looked after in a timely manor.
- You should have clear and effective communication with strong people skills.
- Your ability to negotiate with your customers will also be very important and previous experience of sales negotiation skills will be very beneficial.
- You should be a self starter, be driven and hungry for success and have the motivation to ensure your sales targets are exceeded year on year.
- A HNC/HND/Degree or Apprenticeship in a relevant engineering subject is required.
- You should ideally come from the Automation, Engineering or Manufacturing sector and have proven sales experience.
- Candidates with limited sales experience will also be considered however would still have to come from the Engineering & Manufacturing sectors.
- This role would require you to work nationally therefore it is expected most of your time will be spent on the road and at customer premises/trade shows and exhibitions.
To apply for this Sales Engineer vacancy please apply below or email your CV to Cartisian Recruitment, a Technical Recruitment Consultancy specialising in Automation, Scientific Technologies, Automotive, Engineering & Manufacturing.
Role: Sales Engineer
Apply for this job now.