The essential function of the Assertive Outreach Specialist is to engage homeless adults in Shawnee County in an effort to connect them with services. The Assertive Outreach Specialist is to establish a trusting relationship with the individual, provide for some basic needs, help them to find emergency shelter and make connections with other needed resources while inviting the individual to participate in homeless case management. The Assertive Outreach Specialist must be able to transport clients, have access to reliable personal transportation, necessary insurance, and a valid Kansas driver's license.
This position requires:
1) a person with a Bachelor’s degree in social/human service field;
2) a person with an Associates of Arts degree in Mental Health Technology with experience;
3) a Licensed Mental Health Technician with experience, or;
4) an individual equally qualified by work experience or a combination of work experience and education, with one year of experience substituting for one year of education.
- Experience with persons with severe and persistent mental illness and/or chemical dependency is preferred.
- A valid Kansas driver’s license and access to reliable personal transportation and necessary insurance is required.
- In addition, the individual must be able to pass DMV, KBI, DCF Child Abuse, and DCF Adult Abuse Registry checks.
$17.40 - $19.77
Traditional Case Managers work 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, but some flexibility is required.
"Valeo" is Latin, meaning "to be well." Our Community understands that mental health is essential to overall health. Treatment benefits the individual, family, public health, safety, and community resources. Our vision is to keep behavioral health care consumer driven, to close the gap on mental health needs and services offered, and provide early screening for mental health and substance abuse.
Role: Assertive Outreach Specialist
Apply for this job now.