Company: VITALITY BOWLS CALIFORNIA
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Vitality Bowls Shift Leader
We are a health-minded, nutritionally conscious, energetic company, focused on the customer experience. Be a part of a fun, dynamic, growing team committed to bringing healthy food to the community! Originating in San Ramon, Vitality Bowls specializes in Açai bowls, fresh juice, smoothies, panini, and salads.
Vitality Bowls Shift Leader Job Description:
- Lead the team, making sure food is made accurately and in a timely manner, delegate tasks, and assign stations.
- Understand all team member tasks and perform at a high level (i.e., prepping, making orders, customer service, washing dishes, and cleaning the café).
- Complete all opening and closing duties.
- Follow all county health and safety guidelines, including COVID-19 safety practices, and lead by example.
- Be reliable, show up to scheduled shifts on-time and communicate scheduling conflicts in a timely manner, including requests for time-off.
- Perform additional tasks and handle special circumstances requested by your manager.
Customer Service and Menu/Brand Knowledge:
- Have a thorough knowledge of the food and recipes. Must be able to follow recipes and to make all food in a timely and sanitary manner.
- Assist customers by processing their orders at the point-of-sale, taking phone orders, and inputting third-party delivery orders.
- Have excellent customer service; be positive, polite, and informative to customers.
- Memorize training material to learn the health benefits of our menu to customers in an upbeat, informative manner.
- Assist upset customers and problems with food orders in a calm way, making sure the customer is happy.
Inventory and Banking:
- Accept deliveries, ensure deliveries are complete and correct, and put away in an organized manner. Communicate with manager/owner on inventory status.
- Check daily petty cash and go to the bank for change; close and open the register.
- Communicate effectively with managers/owners about employees: strengths and weaknesses, dependability, customer service, scheduling conflicts, etc.
- Manage the break schedule, making sure employees are arriving on time and take appropriate breaks/lunches.
- Become food certified.
- Handle a basic computer, POS system; handling cash and credit cards.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, occasionally lift heavy boxes, move quickly, and have a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a clean and work-appropriate personal appearance.
- Come to work with a positive attitude and are willing to work well with others.
- Follow COVID-19 sanitation procedures and standards.
- Leadership abilities.
Shift Leader Benefits:
- 50% off meals while working
- 15% family discount
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time / Part-time available
I acknowledge that I am applying for employment with an independently owned and operated Vitality Bowls franchisee, a separate company and employer from Vitality Bowls and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. I understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employees including and without limitation hiring and termination, and Vitality Bowls does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about my application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated Vitality Bowls franchisee.