A fantastic mainstream school in Tower Hamlets is looking for a Behaviour Support Assistant to aid and support pupils on a small group basis or in a 1:1 capacity in order to increase pupil attainment.
This role is ideal for applicants that have experience working within schools or working with children, perhaps in a coaching role, support work or care work . As a Behaviour Support Assistant, you will be working with small groups providing help and support to children who have special educational needs.
The school is a mainstream school but provides education for pupils with moderate learning difficulties, complex needs, autism and SEMH. As a Teaching Assistant, you will be expected to:
- Motivate and engage the pupils
- Encourage and aid development of pupils while consistently reporting feedback to leading members of staff.
- Support the children on a 1:1 basis and/ or in small group settings
- Record and track progress
- Ensure that tasks are carried out professionally, but also in a fun and rewarding manner
The position is full-time from the start of the new term in September 2022. You will have successfully been assessed in the Summer term ready to be inducted fully in the first week of Autumn term.
You will need to be available Mon-Fri from 8:45am to 3:45pm and have access to your own transport or be willing to bike/bus to the school.
When you apply with Vision Teaching, you don't just get a job, you become part of our community!
- Competitive rates of pay & we refund the cost of your DBS after you have worked 10 days for us
- Free Team Teach training & opportunities to progress your career through our CPD courses with our head of CPD. Including TA behaviour management, Phonics, Mental Health awareness and introduction to SEND
- Our team has on average over 7.5 years education recruitment experience and can provide you with professional support and advice to help you find your ideal role
- There are lots of opportunities to earn extra money including recommended a friend and earn £150, write a blog for us and earn £20 & you can also take part in our prize draws as last year we gave away a 5 star holiday to a support worker
- Vision Teaching is in the top 10 Education Recruitment agencies in the UK, with 9/10 on rate my teaching agency, 4.7/5 on Facebook and 4.7/5 on Google
- Vision Teaching won Recruitment Company of the Year in December 2021
- We are passionate about providing our educators with regular & consistent work even during COVID
- We hold social events such as breakfast catch up's, evening socials, quiz's, and trips, so our educators get maximum enjoyment out of their roles & working with Vision Teaching
- Vision Teaching actively give back to the communities we work with which includes funding mental health programmes in schools, volunteering time and money to the Felix project, hosting football tournaments for school staff, giving resources away to schools, sponsoring school based projects and we celebrate the amazing work you do in schools with our educator of the month
Vision Teaching Ltd was established in February 2007 to be a different type of educational recruiter, one that was committed to excellent customer service and building long-term relationships. We are one of the most successful independent education recruitment companies in London. Throughout our time we have filled over 400,000 bookings, successfully placed almost 5000 educators into roles and worked with over 1,140 schools. We solely focus on London, attracting and retaining quality staff so that we can make a real difference to pupils in our partner schools. We proactively recruit for all school-based positions, prioritising staff with education-based experience, from leadership to qualified teachers and all types of school support staff.
Here at Vision Teaching we work with hundreds of schools all over London, who rely on us to help cover their recruitment needs, we believe in matching the right educator, to the right school, so they can make a difference to the lives of pupils and ultimately raise attainment.
As a result of great start to the year, we are working with 200 partner schools and have hundreds of live vacancies! If you're looking to get more out of your future, we think you'll love life with Vision Teaching. We recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of our partner schools. So get in touch today and find out how we can help you!