Company: HAYS SPECIALIST RECRUITMENT LIMITED
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £42,149 - £53,348 per annum
Work for a leading educational institution in the area in their highly technical security team. NOT shift work Your new companyIT Services has a key role to play in maintaining the IT infrastructure and business systems of the institution - supporting many academic departments, based in a few hundred buildings across several national and international sites The Technical Security Team sits within IT Services and is responsible monitoring the security of the institution's network and systems as well as providing advice to system owners on how they can protect and maintain their systems. This role reports to the IT Security Manager and is an exciting opportunity for the correct candidate to make a real impact in the overall security of the University's network and systems. You will work in a friendly and supportive team, using market leading security tools to protect a large-scale network with a diverse selection of connected devices. Your new roleResponsibilities:
- We are looking for an experienced Technical Security Analyst to help drive forward the security of the institution's network and systems.
- Working as part of a team, reporting to the IT Security Manager.
- Be responsible for the upkeep of the technical security toolset.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team (with minimal supervision) on projects as the subject matter expert and provide security advice and technical support to solutions that meet the requirements of the institution.
- Have the ability and passion to work on a large complex network and information systems which provide services to the business functions, academic teaching, and research of the institution.
- Great knowledge of cyber security to answer queries using the established tooling & procedures.
- Be receptive to learning new tooling and be confident in taking on other tasks.
- Improve SIEM, through clear use cases and assisting with data ingesting as new systems or data sources are needed.
- Create security controls that protect the devices and services that staff and students' access.
- Assist in Security Incident response and investigations.
- Monitoring the network to find potential security threats and work with the relevant teams on resolving the threats.
- Maintain the security tool sets so they are kept secure and perform as expected.
- Liaise with all teams within IT Services to make sure security best practices are being adhered to.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and communicate them to management.
- Help mentor the Technicians within the Security team to spread knowledge and be receptive to learning new tools and keeping abreast of current security practices.
- Maintain our cyber security certifications including Cyber Essentials and PCI-DSS.
What you'll need to succeed
- Hands on knowledge of SIEM and developing correlation rules
- Experience with Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems
- A good understanding of the other security technologies such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Antimalware, Email Security.
- A firm understanding of networks.
- Knowledge of security frameworks such as Mitre ATT&CK, ISO 27001 or NIST.
- Knowledge of security technologies (encryption, data protection, design, privilege access, etc.)
- Great communicator, decision maker and organisational skills.
- Great time management, prioritizing, reporting, objectives.
- Excellent problem solver.
- The ability to communicate at all levels including non-technical within the organisation.
- Maintaining effective relationships with internal and 3rd parties.
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.