$70000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
Do challenges and fast-paced cultures inspire you to work hard? Are you eager to join a company in the Metal Fabrication field? Robert Half Finance has an exciting job match for you. The Senior Accountant furthers the company's goals through the preparation and consolidation of financial statements, the analysis and reconciliations of accounts, and the analysis of cash flow, as well as the creation of budgets and forecasts, preparation of audits, and management of internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. Exceptional analytical skills are required to excel in this role. Beyond solid compensation, this full-time role comes with excellent benefits and the opportunity to grow. This Senior Accountant role is with a company in the Metal Fabrication field and is located in Northport, Alabama.
What you get to do every day
- Apply oneself to various department-wide initiatives
- Prepare financial analysis on trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc.
- Manage Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Aid in coordinating quarterly reviews and testing with internal and external auditors
- Provide monthly consolidated P& L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Dedication to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Provide Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Uphold company standards when working with business partners to ensure compliance with corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls; while also providing support on special requests when required
- Provide monthly accounting closure procedures and deliverables, which includes journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAPJob Requirements:
- Skilled at time management
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- US GAAP experience
- Expertise in Sales Tax
- 5+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Exemplary analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Accounting experience in publicly-traded company a plus
- Understanding of corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.