Are you a caring, nurturing and compassionate person who can understand the social, emotional and mental health needs of vulnerable children?
Could you see yourself as an inspirational educator, specialising in SEN or SEMH but need some experience before committing to a PCGE or SCITT?
Teaching Personnel are working with a specialist school in Folkstone to find a committed, hard-working and driven Teaching Assistant. The role of SEMH teaching assistant is challenging yet rewarding, if you are looking to embark on a new and exciting opportunity - apply now!
SEMH Teaching Assistant -- The Role
- Full time Monday to Friday during term time only
- Earn 300-350 per week
- Leading 1:1 extra support and group work with SEN students
- Hands on, invaluable classroom experience
- Working to engage students who have lost their passion for learning.
- You will gain amazing experience with a range of different needs such Autism, ADHD and anxieties and receive the chance to get a specialism in the field of education.
SEMH Teaching Assistant -- The School
- Good transport links and on site parking
- Both academic and work-related courses, provided by the school and Teaching Personnel to further enhance your skillset
- Extremely supportive SLT
SEMH Teaching Assistant -- The Requirements
- A degree in the educational or psychology field would be preferred
- Previous experience working with young people or SEN/SEMH
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage challenging behaviours
- Ability to run 1:1 support confidently
- Genuine interest in helping children to progress.
- You will need to hold or be willing to process an enhanced DBS check that is registered on the online update service and provide up to date references.
To apply for this new and exciting opportunity click apply now or contact us in branch for further information.