Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Managesfront office functions and staff on a daily basis.& Areas ofresponsibility include Front Desk and Switchboard Operations asapplicable.& As a department head, directs and works with managers andassociates to successfully execute all front office operations including guestarrival and departure procedures.& Strives to continually improve guestand associate satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of thedepartment.
• Highschool diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, orrelated professional area.
• 2-yeardegree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management,Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experiencerequired.
MaintainingGuest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Managesday-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting theexpectations of the customers on a daily basis.
•Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish yourwork.
• Handlescomplaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, orotherwise negotiating with others.
•Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs andfinancial objectives are met.
• Ensuresthat regular on-going communication is happening with employees to create awarenessof business objectives and communicate expectations, recognizes performance,and produces desired results.
•Understands the impact of department's operations on the overall propertyfinancial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
SupportingManagement of Front Desk Team
•Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, andencourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
•Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among teammembers.
• Servingas a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
•Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations.Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees''absence.
•Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees andensures employees do the same within the team.
•Supervises all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office orAssistant Front Office Manager.
EnsuringExceptional Customer Service
•Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction andretention.
•Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guestneeds, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
•Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Sets apositive example for guest relations.
•Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
•Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
•Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product, servicelevels and overall satisfaction.
• Ensuresemployees understand customer service expectations and parameters.
•Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
•Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses oncontinuous improvement.
ManagingProjects and Policies
•Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuringthe process.
• Trainsstaff and monitors adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reducebad debts and rebates.
•Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and controlproperty occupancy.
•Supervises daily Front Desk shift operations and ensures compliance with allpolicies, standards and procedures.
• Ensuresproperty policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinaryprocedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and LocalOperating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
SupportingHuman Resource Activities
•Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, orotherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
•Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employeesatisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Bringsissues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention of the departmentmanager and Human Resources.
• Assistsas needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with theappropriate skills.
•Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive theappropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
•Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
•Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone,in written form, e-mail, or in person.
•Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution andsolve problems.
• Informsand/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevantinformation in a timely manner.
•Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
• RunsFront Desk shifts whenever necessary.
•Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear andconsistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
& Marriott International is an equal opportunityemployer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusiveculture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis ofdisability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state orlocal laws.
See descriptionRole: Front Office Manager Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Bexleyheath, England, EnglandApply for this job now.