Company: ACCUMET ENGINEERING INC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Accumet is an industry-leading advanced processing manufacturer for new and legacy materials fabrication, precision laser services, and critical component assembly.
Primary responsibilities will include, but not limited to -referencing and retrieving master programs for new jobs: the set up and utilization of CNC programs to control platform orientation and movement; downloading the programs into applicable controllers; running of different (CNC) computer numeric controlled production equipment within the Yag/Metals Department. A Qualified candidate will be someone that is comfortable working both as a team, and individually. They will possess the ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally.
- Laser welding OR micro welding OR electron beam welding OR combo of CNC machine operations and TIG welding
- Familiarity with G-code
- Experience operating 4- and 5-axis lasers; working with various types of materials
- Ability to think critically to be able to fixture parts
- Knowledge of measuring devices such as verniers, micrometers, and microscopes
- Time management skills and the ability to work to a schedule and a time limit.
- Ability to log information about a job both manually (written) and electronically.
- Ability to think critically and resolve issues at the laser to be sure job runs correctly.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to read and understand all in house and customer paperwork.
- Bonus: Familiarity with leak testing and hermetic sealing
Hours: 7am-3:30pm with occasional overtime
Reports to: Production Manager