The Dispatch Operator is responsible for scheduling and dispatching drivers to the appropriate locations and times in accordance with the charters booked with our company including the distribution of all necessary paperwork for proper completion of assignments.
The Dispatcher must maintain and file all associated documents and generate all required reports daily, weekly, monthly and annually.
- 1:00pm to 8:00pm or 2:00pm to 10:00pm including weekends.
- $12.00/hour with potential for pay to increase to $14.00/hour based on experience after the probationary period.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Notify all appropriate personnel immediately of any potential fleet and sales conflicts.
- Dispatch equipment and drivers by providing necessary manifests and other information for proper completion of assignments.
- Ensure necessary changes are communicated and minimized.
- Maintain communications with operations manager, maintenance department, service department and human resources department.
- Communicate with the Sales Department regarding customer requests, special requests, review of itineraries, farm-outs, schedule changes, and special instructions.
- Coordinate with New Orleans, Geismar, Lafayette, and Biloxi offices.
- Maintain familiarity with all routes being offered and assigned changes, and special instructions.
- Assist in producing and maintaining a schedule that deploys assets in the most productive manner possible: Multi-day charters should be a priority and scheduled the prior week and the remainder of the schedule should be completed 48-72 hours in advance. Schedules should be kept up-to-date and malleable to accommodate business needs.
- Schedule for Grayline tours should be completed in time to submit bus and driver information to Grayline by 3pm each day.
- Schedule drivers based on performance and hours of service rules.
- Track driver hours per day and blend work to provide consistent opportunities for all drivers.
- Schedule full-time drivers before part-time drivers unless operating demands require otherwise.
- Responsible for 24-hour on call dispatch and weekend when assigned. Must be accessible to drivers in this time period. If you are not available for any reason during your assigned shift, coverage needs to be coordinated.
- 2 year of transportation industry experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to fluentlyspeak, read, and write English
- Strong computer skills: Excel, Word, Outlook
Role: Bus Dispatcher
Location: New Orleans,
Apply for this job now.