Our Client in the NR3 area are recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Operator/Wood Machinist. Ideally we would like to find someone who has an understanding of the trade but would like to grow within a company and develop their skills.
This is starting on a Temporary basis but for the right candidate will go Permanent, starting off as a night shift role until shadowing period has been completed.
Monday - Thursday, 7pm - 6am, Pay is dependant on experience and or qualifications.
Role includes, but is not limited to:
- Setting up and operating machines for cutting and shaping wood
- Working from drawings and written instructions
- Using different woodcutting machines, planes and saws, to achieve the required results.
- Assisting in spray painting and assembly of products.
- Making door frames or skirting boards, cutting the wood to the correct length, size and thickness. You may cut, plane, bore, mould and profile to produce joints.
- Using hand or moulding machines for wood carving and routers for complex finishes. The machinery is set and controlled by the Wood Machinists, who also need to be able to maintain it.
In addition to these duties, you are responsible for selecting the correct types of wood for every job and this means active involvement in handling, treating and storing the timber.
The successful candidate will be required to wear protective clothing such as goggles, ear defenders and protective boots and will spend much of the time standing, bending and moving.
To become a Wood Machinist, you will need:
- To be able to interpret plans, diagrams and instructions
- Good eyesight
- Mathematic skills as you are to measure very accurately and set precision equipment
- Good hand skills
- Good concentration and the ability to pay attention to detail
- To be fit and fairly strong, as you will be on your feet for most of the day, moving heavy pieces of wood at times
- Knowledge of different woods
The working environment is often noisy and can be dangerous, so you need to be aware of your surroundings when using equipment and machinery. Working conditions can be dusty, so the job may not be suited to you if you have specific allergies or conditions such as asthma, COPD etc.
Benefits of working for Hales group include
- Weekly pay direct into your bank account every Friday
- Holiday pay accrued
- Pension contributions
- Mileage paid in form of tax relief
- Use of our HalesGroup app to process timesheets
Interview for this role will be held on Tuesday the 2nd of March, so apply with your CV to charlotte.carmody-#removed# or online.