Join the housekeeping team at Gardens & Jacobs in Sawbridgeworth as a Bank Housekeeper and maintain a clean and safe environment for some of the most vulnerable people in society, as well as staff and visitors.
Working flexible hours, including weekend shifts on a rota basis, you will be part of an environment that has a strong emphasis on teamwork, as you ensure the care centre for people with Neurological conditions is extremely clean and tidy at all times.
You will be responsible for deep cleaning all areas of the service, including wards, office spaces, bedrooms and visitors' areas.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Cleaning designated areas to the highest possible standards.
- Working as part of a team but also independently.
- Following cleaning schedules for designated areas.
- Ensuring that all equipment and cleaning materials are used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Following all Health and Safety regulations including risk assessments and COSHH.
- Following Infection control guidance.
- Following company policies and local procedures.
- Completing and following the company mandatory training programme and remain up to date.
- Reporting any defects to the Maintenance department.
- Working as part of a rota covering weekends.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Experience of working within a care home/hospital environment
- Ability to communicate and work as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
- Keen to learn and improve own performance
- A 'can-do' attitude to work
- To prioritise duties and responsibilities effectively
- To be a good communicator
- Have good attention to detail and high standards of cleanliness
What you will get:
- Competitive hourly salary + Benefits
- Subsidised meals and free parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts, special offers and much more.
About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.