Paro is seeking a passionate individual to join our rapidly growing Strategy and Analytics team. You will be working directly under our Senior Strategy Analyst, and working closely with the company's executive team. Candidates should possess relentlessly high standards for their work and demonstrate, though work experience (internships, full-time positions) and/or education an ability to effectively analyze, interpret, and communicate data. A working knowledge of SQL and Looker, as well as basic knowledge of scripting languages (R, Python), is preferred, but can be supplemented by a proven ability to learn tools quickly.
We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they're working with the best of the best.
Ultimately, our mission is to empower business professionals to pursue meaningful work on their own terms. We provide freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings.
Working at Paro
Join us as we build the future of work and make finding perfect-fit talent as simple as buying a product online. A mass migration to the freelance economy is already underway, and many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. We are backed by Revolution Ventures, Sierra Ventures, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels, and we are on the path to disrupting the $500+bn antiquated finance/accounting industry.
We value taking smart risks and having each others' backs. We welcome challenges, and we are rigorous in ensuring all voices are heard. We are open to understanding each other's experiences and communicating effectively together. We work hard, but we also want every employee to enjoy the journey. We work collaboratively, do the right thing, never settle and put our best work into everything we do. We believe our teams deserve to be surrounded with others who can be their authentic selves at work while driving forward the future of work with Paro.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Who You Are
- You have a college degree and 0-2 years of work experience, or have 3+ years of work experience with no degree
- You are passionate about working with data. Relevant experience may include:
- Previous work experience (internship or full-time) as a data or business analyst
- Undergraduate degree in a field with a quantitative focus or completion of data science training programs (bootcamps, workshops, certifications, etc.)
- Strong track record in developing data solutions to real-world problems and comfort manipulating and managing complex data with one or more of the following tools: SQL, Looker, Python, R, Excel
- You are hungry to join a early-stage company and build something from the ground up
- You have strong communication skills and feel confident communicating complex concepts to various audiences
- You are a fast learner and want to make a big impact
What You'll Do
- You will drive organizational change through clear and effective analytics coupled with strategic recommendations
- Work effectively across all functional areas of the business (Ops, Product, Sales, Marketing) to define, track, and improve KPIs
- Grow into a thought leader by extending each analysis into process recommendations and potential improvements
- You will become our in-house analytics expert and work at the highest level of the company
- Manage and expand our data in Looker model to power robust, automated reporting and self-serve analytics for each team
- Further your knowledge of Looker's capabilities (present and future) and apply them to Paro's model
- You will grow and scale with the business
- Proactively identify areas for exponential growth and operational improvement
- Grow your career in the path you want- business analytics, data science, etc.
Benefits at Paro
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Parental Leave
- Comprehensive benefits package offering including: Medical (BCBS), dental, vision insurance, 401(k), etc.
- Flexibility to work from the office or remotely (as needed)
- Unlimited PTO - we trust you
- Company Holidays-in recognition of 10+ federal holidays each year
- Unique Paro Holidays to rest & recharge for one day each month when there isn't a company holiday (minimum time off)
- Great River North office location, steps away from public transportation
- Pet friendly office
- Casual office environment
Powered by JazzHR