Medical Collections SpecialistCompensation:
$18.95 to $23.10 hourly
If you're looking for a Medical Collections Specialist opportunity, and have a strong sense of ownership and attention to detail, this company in the Healthcare/NHS industry may have the job for you. If fostering your skills as a healthcare detail oriented is of importance, take the next step and consider this opportunity. This Medical Collections Specialist role is short-term contract / temporary and operates out of West Covina, California.
- Follow up with patients and insurance companies regarding outstanding payments and use practice management system to track account revisions
- Field medical collections calls, both inbound and outbound
- Supervise patient accounts and make revisions as necessaryJob Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Hospital Outpatient experience
- Command of Hospital Inpatient
- Medical appeals experience
- Medical collections experience
- Medical claims experience preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years of prior healthcare collections experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Outlook and internet applications
- Previous experience with an electronic medical record system preferred
- Proven knowledge of explanation of benefits (EOBs)
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively throughout all levels of the company
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.