Heraeus Electro-Nite Core Values
- We want to hire Talented People and expect much from them.
- We value Fairness and Respect.
- We want to be Humble, always thinking like an Underdog.
- The customer should be the center of all we do - Customer Centric.
- Our people should be Self-Motivated and Self-Starters, and have a Healthy Disregard for the Impossible.
- We are a North American company, supplying the American and Canadian Steel Industry.
- We must be particularly Innovative in our products, services and operations.
- We want work at HEN to be Fun.
Your role and responsibilities
- Job Summary - As a Machine Operator you will operate automated and/or semi-automated production process machinery within company safety, quality, and quantity guidelines and according to work procedures.
- Start up and shut down the machine, load and unload materials, maintain optimal machine settings, and regulate the machine in a controlled manner. May also pack, label, and palletize product.
- Trouble shoot, analyze, recognize and fix minor faults and disruptions in a timely manner (when they occur or are going to occur).
- Problem solve using the HMI (Human Machine Interface) touchscreen.
- Change over the machines from one product to another within the defined range of duties.
- Apply insight into fault analysis and diagnostic techniques autonomously.
- Collect relevant information about the possible causes and backgrounds of problems.
- Clearly formulate information related to a problem.
- Inform the machine technician, supervisor or team lead of major faults immediately.
- Perform and apply clearly-described 5S maintenance activities when applicable such as:
- Cleaning, lubricating, and preventive inspecting.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the machine and production line.
What is required for this role
- Previous experience with mechanized production; prior automated machine operation experience a plus.
- Process and follow verbal directions and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively. Read, write, and understand English fluently.
- Possess basic level computer and mathematics skills.
- Problem solve and think critically, independently, and creatively.
- Work closely with others as part of a team as well as independently.
- Use measurement and weighing devices and has general understanding of units of measure, both English and metric.
- Record hand written and electronic information.
- Possess the ability to modify work schedule to meet company needs. Volunteer for overtime and additional assignments willingly.
- Must be able to work 3 p.m. to 1 a.m., Monday through Thursday and eventually transition to 1 p.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Complete a pre-placement physical exam, background check, and drug screen with favorable results.
This position will allow you to learn a variety of equipment and processes to increase your skill and move up in responsibility and pay! The more you learn, the more you earn!
What’s in it for you?
- Stable Company with Opportunities for Advancement
- Safe, Clean, Temperature-Controlled Work Environment
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance First of the Month After Hired
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401k with Company Match Immediately
- Paid Time Off Immediately
- Holiday Pay Immediately
- Tuition Assistance Available
- Wellness Bonus
This is a unique opportunity to work for the world leader in measurement, monitoring, and control of molten metal processes. Heraeus Electro-Nite Co., LLC (HEN) develops and manufactures measuring sensors, systems, and instrumentation used during the melting and refining of metals---steel, iron and aluminum. HEN provides its products and services to the steel, foundry and aluminum industries to improve product quality, productivity costs, environmental protection and working conditions. Our sensors, measuring systems and services have revolutionized the steel industry, enabling us to move from a craft to a high-technology business. Heraeus is a global company offering a generous compensation package and a great teamwork environment.
Learn more about us at #removed#-electro-nite.com!
Role: Machine Operator-Automation (TC-FW) 2nd Shift
Apply for this job now.