This engineer will join our Schilling Robotics Product Development team in Davis, CA.
Work Schedule for Exempt (Salaried) Employees
The Davis site follows a regular Monday through Friday schedule with an optional Flexible Work Program that provides eligible employees the ability to spend up to three (3) flexible days a week working remotely dependent upon the position and as coordinated and agreed upon with their manager.
The Robotics business unit develops complex electro-mechanical robotics and teleoperated vehicles for use in the deep ocean. These products are mechatronic, requiring interdisciplinary design and implementation, with significant interaction between Software and other disciplines.
The ROV Software Manager ensures that the ROV software development team delivers software to plan, with quality and predictability. Achieving this goal requires the ability to lead the team through the software development lifecycle while making tactical planning and resourcing decisions, managing change, and communicating out to stakeholders. The ROV Software Manager must also ensure that the software team has the necessary direction, knowledge, and support to serve effectively on cross-disciplinary project teams.
- Facilitate the software projects success by driving the planning and execution of work, collaboration with other interdisciplinary groups, and removal of external roadblocks. The ROV Software Manager is accountable for delivering high quality software that meets requirements and schedule.
- Continuously seek innovative ways to improve development productivity through the introduction of new technologies, tools, systems, and methods.
- Embrace and encourage a continuous improvement mindset among the team, moving them towards higher quality and more efficient processes.
- Set high standards for quality, productivity, and sense of urgency in work.
- Collaborate with the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) manager to find ways to empower the development teams to deliver high quality software.
- Manage the professional development and performance of the software team to support achievement of the goals of the individual as well as the business, including career planning, mentoring, and performance evaluations.
- Provide technical mentoring and assistance to the software team.
- Assist with software project resource planning.
- Understand, communicate, and uphold company policies.
- Other duties, as they are assigned or required.
- Proven ability to manage software development teams, resulting in delivery of high quality on-plan software.
- Deep understanding of software development & integration practices & processes
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- Typically will have 10 or more years product development experience. Several years and/or project completion/delivery cycles as a Team Lead.
- Exceptional ability to lead, motivate, and manage individual contributors and teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to make software designs and product content understandable by non-experts.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of deep-water oil & gas industry.
- Experience utilizing Lean Product and Process Development Techniques.
- Experience with C#, .NET, Visual Studio, TFS, Git, JIRA, Azure DevOps, and/or automated testing tools
- WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, listen and speak for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity using hands, fingers, and arms to push, pull, reach, grab, hold, and lift.
- Wear steel toe shoes, safety glasses and other personal protective equipment as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Frequent use of PC.
Close visual acuity is required to perform activities such a viewing computer screens and reading