Company: AD FINANCE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Alexander Daniels are currently recruiting for an Interim Management Accountant on behalf of an exciting manufacturing and retail business based in Lichfield, covering a maternity leave until February 2024. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will be responsible for the provision of management and financial accounting for both national and international accounts. The role holder will proactively co-ordinate the work of the assistant management accountant team and ensure adherence to the financial controls which safeguard the financial protection of the company.
- Production of management accounts and information
- Accurate and timely reporting including profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow, key statistics, variance analysis, overhead analysis, and commentaries.
- Monitor costs and budgets and inform relevant managers and the Financial Controller where spend is not as expected.
- Interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers and to provide relevant financial information and advice.
- Preparation for statutory accounts, corporation tax computations and audit
- Preparation of information for statutory accounts including cash flow reconciliation
- Preparation of schedules for corporation tax
- Preparation of information for audit
- Liaise with external auditors
- Balance sheet control accounts to be completed and reviewed monthly in preparation for final review.
- Continuously considering the adherence to and the improvement of financial systems and control within the company.
- Co-ordinating the work of the team offering mentoring, training and advice.
- Play a key role as part of the team implementing a major ERP IT project as well as other adhoc project work
- Ensuring the departmental procedures are reviewed, updated, and improved.
- Recommend ways to reduce costs and increase profits.
The ideal candidate will be part-qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) or Qualified by Experience with at least 3 years' experience in a similar role, ideally within the manufacturing industry. You must have understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and accounting entries and postings and experience with an ERP system implementation would be advantageous but by no means essential.
The standard hours of work are 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am to 4:45pm on a Friday (38.5 hour week) but they offer flexible working around core hours, hybrid working (3 days a week in the office), contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private medical, 3 x life insurance, cycle to work as well as various other benefit schemes.