Elevation Accountancy and Finance are currently recruiting for a commercially focused Management Accountant for a manufacturing business based in Wakefield.
Reporting to the Head of Finance the successful candidate will be responsible for providing key financial information, which will aid the business in tracking progress against divisional targets and make better-informed decisions.
The role will cover all aspects of financial support from period-end reporting to providing detailed analysis of variances and trend analysis.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
* Play a key role in completing accurate period end journals to ensure the P&L is accurate
* Act as the key contact/support for managers by providing accurate, timely, user-friendly reporting and ad-hoc analysis for the manufacturing cost centres
* Review, analyse and issue weekly flash reports for labour and material usage for the business
* Prepare operational budgets & forecasts for the manufacturing cost centres, detailing key drivers against prior year/version for review
* Product costing, specifically responsible for the costing of all new products; this includes the preparation of cost estimates, as well as maintaining the standard product costs
* Produce the Raw Materials dashboard to track progress against targets
* Business partnering with the buyers to calculate forecast variances by project, as well as reporting actual performance to date
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
* Part Qualified or finalist CIMA/ACA/ACCA with experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
* Will also consider newly qualified accountants with a passion to make an impact in manufacturing accounting
* Extensive data analysis experience and understanding of financials
* Strong excel and systems skills
* An understanding of raw material costing/factory costing would also be beneficial
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious accountant to join a market leading manufacturing business.