Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and to push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates' needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we'd love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As Marketing Director you will drive strategy, execution and optimization of Capsule's paid media budget across marketing channels. You will play a critical role in driving both awareness and growth as Capsule expands from Manhattan to Manhattan Beach. This role will report to the Head of Consumer Marketing. You will:
- Manage Capsule's advertising budget and reporting across TV/OTT, digital, audio, out of home and more
- Develop a paid channel strategy that ladders back to strategic objectives, including spend by channel, flighting and frequency
- Track and report spend and performance by channel as well as communicate media plans, results and optimizations to key internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure the media strategy and execution are aligned to company objectives and continually test to deliver on company goals
- Work hand in hand with product team to implement tracking and pixels as needed and serve as a thought leader on attribution
- Proactively identify and assess new channels to unlock opportunity amongst Capsule's target market
- Collaborate with Product on customer journey: connecting the dots between Capsule's value proposition, campaigns, onboarding and life-cycle experiences with the goal of reducing friction, improving conversion rates and driving growth.
- Partner with internal and external partners to develop creative testing and communicate findings to improve channel performance
- You are quantitatively driven, but can also take an "art + science" approach in developing a cross-channel media plan
- You have impeccable attention to detail, are thorough about action items and push next steps forward
- You adapt quickly and are flexible with moving timelines and fast turnarounds
- You can strike a balance with external partners, being both collaborative and respectful, while holding them to tight deadlines, key information and follow-through
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome
- You are exceptional with numbers and reporting
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment
- You are able to bring people along (internally and externally) by explaining big picture strategy, optimizations, numbers, and other tactical decisions
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others
- 6+ years direct experience managing multiple paid channels (ideally has both self managed and has managed agencies)
- Experience with Digital and DRTV (linear and streaming)
- Experience creating and executing marketing media plans that drove measurable improvements in awareness and new customer growth
- You are proficient in third party analytics and keyword research tools, like Google Analytics. Knowledge of Amplitude is a plus.
- Experience buying media on both a national and a regional basis is a big plus
- Experience working at a consumer focused brand or DTC startup
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.