Trainee SEN Teaching Assistant
Daily Rate: £65-£75 per day
The school is an large 3-19 SEN School which has a fantastic reputation in the SEN sector. They work collaboratively to implement and embed a curriculum that not only enables the children to flourish but to have their individual needs met in the highest regard. The school caters for children who have a wide rate of additional learning needs that include: Autism, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties and Complex Medical Needs. They work together to ensure the pupils are happy and that they enjoy their learning experiences every day.
The role is to work as a SEN Teaching Assistant within a Special School supporting an adapted curriculum across key stages in a 3-19 provision. You will be supporting the Teacher in a class with no more than 8 pupils in each class who have a wide range of additional learning needs. Within these classes you will be supporting learning which could also include personal care.
The successful candidate:
- Will have some experience in supporting additional learning needs either in a personal or professional capacity or an interest in supporting additional needs within a specialist provision.
- Will ideally but not essential be a Sports, Psychology, Music, Drama or SEN student.
- Will need to be available Monday- Friday 8:30-4pm
- Will be confident handling challenging behaviour
- Will be able to use your initiative in situations that may challenge some.
Previous experience in schools is not essential as training will be provided. If you've had previous experience in supporting SEN or have always had an interest in doing so then please still get in touch