Swoon is now Hiring!!
Job Title: Retail Layout Designer
- we are looking for people with experience creating retail store planograms.
- AutoCAD experience required
The Retail Layout Designer is responsible for developing the fixture and merchandise layouts for all new store, remodel, acquisition and special projects. Fixture plans are developed based on merchandising guidelines that require adaptation to varying retail configurations across the fleet. Merchandise selection is driven by market specific characteristics and store location as it relates to product mix clustering and support of local sales opportunities. One on one dialogue with the Regional Store Managers insures each layout addresses store specific needs corresponding to profitability, budget management, and customer satisfaction and retention.
The Retail Layout Designer is responsible for but not limited to:
* Develop fixture and merchandise layouts that accurately reflect required product mix based on store location and clientele. Includes identifying stores within a growing number of cluster definitions (i.e.,ethnicity, affluence, geography, etc) that ultimately drive automated product replenishment.
* Independently prioritize and manage scheduled assignments to insure on time project completion. Includes working simultaneously on various project types, with varying scopes of work, as part of a dynamic schedule. Requires the ability to manage and adapt to ongoing changes in marketing approach and project schedules.
* Analyze, prioritize and summarize data, and compare to company standards in such a way that identifies opportunities on a store specific basis. Includes the ability to act on market knowledge and apply creative merchandising solutions to improve store performance and to meet local needs.
* Interact with Regional Sales Manager to confirm store specific analysis (e.g., sales, competition, ethnicity of clientele, etc) in an effort to maximize individual store profit; and to confirm product mix, category adjacency and service issues as they relate to customer needs. Includes the ability clearly to customer needs. Includes the ability clearly articulate current corporate direction to field operators on various merchandising initiatives and to make recommendations accordingly.
* Support corporate expense control by managing the impact of layout changes relative to established budget guidelines. Advocate alternative approaches,as needed, and communicate incremental scope of work and added cost to field management and project partners.
* Work with the Construction team and outside vendor architects to develop innovative merchandising solutions for atypical store locations. Includes the ability to work with and interpret architectural plans and elevation drawings to craft merchandising plans that incorporate current CVS merchandising philosophy within complex/multilevel spaces
Qualifications for the Retail Layout Designer Position:
REQUIRED: Candidates must have Retail Focus and AUTOCAD software experience
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing preferred or 2 to 3 years experience in a Store Planning or Merchandising position.
- Ability to analyze and interpret various sources of data: Demographics (population, ethnicity, income averages, etc.), sales profile, planogram productivity.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet timeline requirements for other supporting departments (i.e., CVS Realty Co., Store SetUp, Operations)
- Ability to communicate clearly both written and orally with various inhouse personnel, field management and various outside vendor representatives.
- Ability to follow clear, concise directions with minimal supervision.
- Experience with MS Office software (e.g., Excel and Word
- High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
Come Get Swooned!!
Swoon Staffing handles the staffing needs of over 80 Fortune 500 clients.
We have won Best Staffing Agency to Work for in both 2014, 2015, & 2016 - as awarded by Monster.com
Swoon was also awarded the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the U.S. in 2016
See for yourself! Glassdoor reviews - #removed#/Reviews
Role: Retail Layout Designer
Apply for this job now.