- Lead the Christ Church of Orlando children's ministry by creating irresistible environments for children through vision casting, leadership development, team building, and volunteer recruiting, while positively impacting children and families through the message of Christ.
- Proactively communicate, support and fulfill the vision, values, purposes, and goals of Christ Church of Orlando.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with the Lead Pastor, Administrative staff, volunteers and parents in a positive manner.
Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Oversee the Sunday & Wednesday programming for all children's ministry environments ages 0 - grades 5.
- Conduct a weekly, high-energy children's church gathering on Sundays.
- Recruitment, apprentice, and train new children's ministry volunteers.
- Recruit, train and involve student leaders.
- Lead regular planning meetings for children's ministry leadership team.
- Setting-up the student check-in system on Sundays. Oversee and create resources for First Impressions Team responsible for check-in process, first time guests, security, and greeters.
- Lead volunteer team responsible for technology needs in children's ministry environments.
- Regularly review and evaluate presentation and general appearance of children's ministry environments.
- Plan and execute special events including community outreaches such as:
- VBS, Pajama Jam, Easter Eggstravaganza, Back To School Student Outreach, Fallelujah Festival,
- Direct children's baptism orientations.
- Communicate consistently with parents.
Other Specific Duties Include:
- Scheduling volunteers
- Administrating programs
- Creative planning
- Providing occasional on-site child care during various church events
- A committed follower of Christ with mature faith.
- Passionate about reaching and developing children for Christ.
- To always represent, Christ, Christians and Christ Church of Orlando in a positive manner.
- Even-tempered and able to exhibit a confident, calm disposition during crisis and conflict.
- A self-starter with a deep-seeded work ethic.
- Composed yet flexible.
- Good decision maker.
- A growth-oriented, forward thinker.
- A multi-tasker who gives attention to detail while being concerned about overall ministry quality.
- Understanding the value of cleanliness and the importance of preparedness.
Preferred Qualifications (but not required):
- College degree or completed substantial ministry training in Christian education/ministry related field.
- Maintain current and relevant content on the CCO website>
- Use social media effectively to promote, celebrate, recognize and encourage.
(Please read & follow all instructions carefully)
- Provide a cover letter introducing yourself and explain why you feel that you should be considered for this position.
- Professional Resume
- Include 3 References (2Professional,1Personal)
- Include Social Media links.
- Feel free to include photos if you’d like.
- Email your resume to: #removed#
Role: Children's Ministry Director (Pastor)
Apply for this job now.