Definition and Nature of the Work
The Plant Manager is responsible for setting the direction, planning, and directing the daily operations of the production operation. They will oversee employees, quality, baking, production and efficiency to make sure the plant is running smoothly, quickly, efficiently and safely. They will maintain optimum operation by keeping production schedules, collecting data to identify areas of waste or places for improvement, overseeing employee safety and plant safety, and monitor production equipment to make sure it stays in good working condition as well as ensure the quality of the product.
We are hiring for our Bakery - Manufacturing Plant in Madison, MS.
Salary plus performance based bonus up to $20,000
· Oversee daily plant operations and tasks to consistently achieve goals.
· Devise strategies to make production more efficient.
· Creates and deploys meaningful performance measures at all levels that align with company objectives.
· Develops and deploys comprehensive training and development of employees.
· Creates and maintains a motivational environment that attracts and retains profitable employees.
· Schedules and maintains shifts, Monitors employee productivity.
· Maintains production records.
· Assist in setting company goals - Participates in strategic planning
· Implements and maintains 5S standards to the highest level.
· Inspects production equipment and ensures TPM requirements are met.
· Work is in a bakery - Time is spent on the bakery floor
· Work time is alternating. Day, evening and night shift work is required.
· On call 24/7.
· Minimal physical labor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Possess and demonstrates strong leadership skills.
· Team based problem solving skills - Time management skills.
· A team player, works well with department managers, senior management and employees.
· Strong values related to safety and quality.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Knowledge of manufacturing and safety procedures.
· Maintain friendly but professional demeanor.
· Can respond quickly and calmly to emergency situations.
· Ability to think creatively and innovatively to devise new production strategies.
· Strong computer and presentation skills.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor Degree in Business or Engineering (or equivalent experience).
· A minimum of 1 year experience in mid to upper management of manufacturing operations is required.
· Led Lean manufacturing implementations in complex environments.
· Proven ability to consistently exceed expectations in terms of measurable results.
As the baker of Pirouline rolled wafers, the DeBeukelaer Corporation traces back 150 years of heritage, knowledge, and skill to Belgium. Now operating out of Madison, MS, our bakers still follow the same critical standards and traditions of our forefathers. With all that history behind the name, when we put DeBeukelaer on the package we promise it will be delicious and consistent every time.
Our owners are on the floor with us, making wafers each and every day!
Role: Operations Manager - Manufacturing
Location: Little Rock,
Apply for this job now.