Primary Job Function:
Support new vehicle development and ongoing series production of company systems. Develop manufacturing systems for series production. Establish and maintain production system performance requirements. Develop process improvements to, and provide day to day support of, plant production tooling and equipment. Support VA/VE, DFM/DFA and related activities to facilitate design alternatives that improve product manufacturing feasibility, efficiency and effectiveness. Represent manufacturing in cross functional teams to develop, launch and support series production.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Define and develop manufacturing processes for company systems.
- Design and development of manufacturing equipment for series production.
- Establish and maintain equipment specifications and performance requirements for product manufacturing equipment including EPV
- Provide day to day support of production manufacturing processes.
- Assess production processes for continuous improvement to address process variances.
- Create and maintain process documentation including process flow charts, characteristic matrix, process illustrations, PFMEA, control plans, process sheets, visual aids, gage instructions, control charts and others.
- Support product team VA/VE, DFM/DFA and related processes to meet product and manufacturing process and/or ergonomic optimization objectives.
- Interface with customer regarding manufacturing solutions.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, TPM, problem solving, corrective action and root cause analysis principles.
- Drive technical requirements, support sourcing decisions and manage equipment integrator and tool vendor activities. for plant production equipment, gauges and tooling.
- Assist with requirements and implementation of TS16949.
- Ensure compliance with TS16949, customer requirements, procedures, and standards
- Minimize expenditures through efficient development of equipment. Responsible for tooling and CapEx budgets.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent level of experience.
- Understanding of manufacturing engineering with respect to one or more of these areas: automated assembly equipment, complex product assemblies, mechanisms, metal and plastic forming, fastening technologies, tooling, gauges, and varied production processes.
- Understanding of Lean Mfg, Kaizen, TPM, corrective action and root cause analysis programs or tools.
- Understanding of FMEA and GD&T.
- Knowledge of JIT and JIS Production Systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applications.
- Knowledge of MES, SAP or similar production systems.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and organizational skills.
Interested and qualified candidates for the Manufacturing Engineer role should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to move forward in the process.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Sr. Technical Recruiter/Account Manager
586-772-6452 ext. 120 Office
Of the more than 80 offices in our network, the Roseville, MI Bryant Bureau office consistently ranks among the top two offices in successful candidate placements. Four of the nation's top 20 recruiters work in this office, including one who has sat on the Board of Directors for the exclusive Pinnacle Society, an organization whose membership is reserved for the top recruiters in the nation.
Our recruiters interact with top level industry professionals on a daily basis. These relationships have been built through memberships in various industry organizations and their personal initiative in developing strong professional relationships throughout the community.
Bryant Bureau is a Member of the Michigan Association of Staffing Services.
Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Apply for this job now.