Menta Academy Yuma
600 S 21st Ave, Yuma, AZ 85364
Due to increased enrollment, we are seeking a Special Education Teacher or General Education Teacher (with strong Special Education experience/knowledge) for our Menta Academy in Yuma, Arizona.
- This is a full-time, permanent teaching position
- 10 Month position, 12 Month paychecks
Menta Academy Yuma is a K-12 therapeutic day school that is committed to students with exceptional needs, their families, and our community.
- With over 45 years of experience in private special education, our organization has helped thousands of students who others have given up on to realize their full potential.
- We will never say no to a child and we will work together with stakeholders to improve the outcomes of all children!
- We believe in a society where all children have the right to a quality education and provide supports and professional development for our teaching staff to reach these goals.
As a Special Education Teacher at Menta Academy Yuma, you will:
- Have the freedom and ability to personalize learning
- Work within the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework which will provide you with flexible teaching methods, materials, and assessments
- Teach all subjects in a differentiated, self-contained classroom
- Enjoy small classroom sizes with full Paraprofessional support
- Receive professional development and support
Candidate Qualities & Qualifications
- Valid Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Menta will assist in application, if needed)
- Valid Special Education Teaching Certificate (Cross Categorical or other)
- Or a Valid General Education Teaching Certificate* with the willingness to pursue Special Ed Certification (Menta will help the right candidate).
- Experience with working with students with a range of special education disabilities including but not limited to; autism, emotional disturbance, traumatic brain injury, mild to moderate cognitive and/or developmental disabilities.
- Ability to think outside of the box and problem solve (an innovative thinker)
- Dedication to the children and families we serve.
- Well organized and able to multi-task
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves with a “can-do” attitude.
- Areas of expertise in hobbies, fields of study, and disciplines are welcomed as enrichment experiences for the students.
Benefits & Pay:
- Pay is competitive with area districts and commensurate with experience.
- 10 Month-position with 12-Month Pay Period
- A variety of affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision plans available for full-time employees and any spouse/family.
- 403(b) Savings Plan
- Generous Paid-Benefit Time Off for Full-Time Employees
How to apply:
Submit Application to Job ID 887 #removed#/careers/apply
Inquiries may be directed to Heather Bakken
O: (630) 906-7765
C: (630) 207-5296
F: (630) 907-0197
The Menta Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Menta Group ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the district office.
Special Education Services, an affiliate of The Menta Group is approved under the Arizona Board of Education as a Private Therapeutic Day school serving students with primary disabilities of Autism, MIID, MOID, ED, OHI, LD, SLD, and TBI.
The Menta Group, Special Education Services (Est. 1973) is a network of private and some public-private partnership therapeutic day schools, meeting the social-emotional needs of students PK-Age 22. Programming from location to location varies in special education focus and grade level.
Our accredited therapeutic day schools are in Illinois and Arizona and we are growing!
Role: Special Education Teacher
Apply for this job now.