We are recruiting Drivers/Receptionists for our bases in Bedford
Our drivers/receptionists work in different parts of our services undertaking a variety of roles, including transporting doctors on emergency home visiting duties in a safe and efficient manner and assist doctor in carrying equipment or other tasks as requested.
Who are we?
HUC provides accessible and high quality Integrated Urgent Care services to nearly 3 million patients across a range of counties, including Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Bedfordshire and Essex. When patients are ill and need the right medical attention, HUC provides the NHS111 and Out of Hours GP service.
Do you enjoy doing a combined role?
HUC provide high quality care to patients in West Essex when the GP surgeries are closed. As part of our team you will help make a difference to patient's lives and to your community. The dual job purpose of this exciting role is to transport GPs on visits around the locality to visit patients, whilst providing a point of contact for patients upon arrival at dedicated base, welcoming them and ensuring their confidentiality is maintained at all times.
We are looking for
- You must have a full, clean UK driving licence and must be maintained throughout the employment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Be able to work in a team using own initiative
- IT literate with good keyboard skills
- Individuals who take pride in their work
- Be able to work during the out of hours including weekends and evernings - there are also shifts availabe during the overnight period
We can offer you
- Full training
- Flexibility in working hours
- A fully equipped car (including Sat Nav and mobile phone) to drive during your shift
- Supportive and team based culture
- Additional income or start of a new career
- Personal development opportunities
- Attractive benefits including NHS pension and bank holiday enhancements
- Immediate start
As HUC is an organisation commissioned by the NHS, all roles are listed on the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (SI 1975/1023), which means they are eligible for a standard or enhanced check as appropriate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are fully committed to Equality of Opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.