Brown & Brown Insurance is seeking a Small Business Account Manager to join our Sterling Heights team!
SUMMARY: Handles new, renewal and the day to day contact and service of Small Business clients. Small Business clients are defined by $2,500 in revenue and below. Also works closely with producers on new and renewal business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles the day to day contact for all small business clients
- Issues Auto ID Cards/ Proof of Insurance
- Responsible for processing and following through on policy cancellations
- Processes and documents all change requests from the insured
- Handles the issuance of certificates as a back-up when needed
- Responsible for the accounting, billing, and invoicing of all client policies for renewals, audits, and endorsements. Manages binder bills, finance agreements and other types of premium payment schedules.
- Completes and documents the policy renewal process
- Responsible for audits and audit disputes
- Handles company crits and works with our accounting department
- Oversees the upkeep and accuracy of client files
- Enters and maintains data in the AMS360 system and ImageRight
- Maintains acceptable level of professionalism
- Marketing of new and renewal accounts
- Bonds as needed
- Updating of customer information annually
- Assists other SBU Account Managers when needed
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee
· Minimum 3 years experience in Commercial Lines insurance in a similar position.
· Must be a team player
· Proficient in MS Office software, AMS360 and/or industry software experience a plus
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Professional and respectful communication and conduct
· Professional appearance
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefit packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes 401(k) plan with match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Insurance coverage in the areas of Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident and Critical Illness, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts and a generous Paid Time Off plan.
Brown & Brown, Inc. is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association, and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility, and strength that allows ups to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment.
Becoming an employee, or as we like to call it “a teammate,” of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique corporate culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best for our clients. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed. Our teammates are bound together by shared goals and our collective commitment to integrity and quality. Brown & Brown’s local leaders, such as the Accounting Leader, are actively engaged in their communities and committed to maintaining an established network, as well as creating strong relationships of their own.
Brown & Brown, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Role: Account Manager - Small Business Unit (SBU)
Location: Sterling Heights,
Apply for this job now.