GENERAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The foundation of a strong manufacturing organization is open communication and the willingness to cooperate in resolving problems. The most important aspect intertwined within your job function is your ability to interact with people. The position is an integral part in the management of all aspects of the assigned job responsibilities and functions in relationship to Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and People, to support the overall company goals and objectives.
- Compliance to the Quality Management System, Environmental Management System, Safety Practices, and Management Operating System documents relative to job duties.
- Comply with company rules and practices in compliance with the Employee Handbook
- Comply with 5S housekeeping practices and maintain a clean, organized work environment
- Support and participate in Lean Enterprise/Manufacturing initiatives throughout the organization including but not limited to Kaizen, Kan Ban, OEE, SMED, 6 Sigma, etc.
- Support specific objectives and targets that support departmental company goals and objectives.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding requirements for cost targets within your functional areas, including but not be limited to: meet/exceed hourly production rates, reducing scrap, consistent conformance to customer requirements, maintaining production tooling, meet/exceed customer delivery schedules, etc.
- Responsible for promoting and demonstrating a team philosophy in accomplishing the division’s goals and objectives
- Be instrumental in achieving divisional safety goals by working in a safe manner and reporting hazardous conditions to management through the proper channels
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record
- Properly and safely start CNC and assembly equipment.
- Ensure part is loaded properly to the fixture.
- Maintain an awareness of the quality standards of the product and ensure all production meets these standards.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment throughout the course of the shift.
- Verify the accuracy of all required production reports submitted from the work cell.
- Assist in the completion of all required production reports submitted from the work cell.
- Record the total number of parts produced and the total number of defective parts produced.
- Record the total amount of downtime that the work cell was not in production, using the correct downtime code number.
- Ability to stand 10 ours, twist, turn and bend to floor. Exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally. Exert 10-20 pounds of force to load product. Ability to lift 30-45 pounds occasionally.
- Perform other duties as required
High School diploma /GED or prior work experience
Role: CNC and Addembly Operator
Location: Grand Rapids,
Apply for this job now.