Company: TRIAD ENGINEERING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Triad Engineering, Inc. is seeking an entry-level Laboratory Technician for our Winchester, Virginia office.
Employee Owned Firm~Comprehensive Benefit Package~PPE Provided
The preferred candidate will possess:
- WACEL and/or DOT/DOH lab certifications
- Experience performing testing in accordance with current ASTM, AASHTO, or DOT/DOH specifications
- Follow all corporate and job site safety procedures
- Perform basic test procedures in areas including, but not limited to:
- Soil and aggregate
- Mortar and grout
- Brick and block
- Sprayed-on fireproofing
- Maintain accurate records of tests and procedures
- May calculate and report results to more senior personnel for checking and verification
- Notify supervisor immediately of problems and deviations from test procedures
- May be required to assist staff level personnel in the field and/or assist QC department with materials testing
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years of experience
- Concrete and soils laboratory experience and certifications preferred
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
- Must have the ability to read, write and perform basic math
- Must be comfortable communicating with the public
- Must be comfortable with regular use of email, internet and basic Microsoft Office applications
- Must be available to work in all types of indoor and outdoor environments
This position may require long term standing and repetitive motions. Must have the ability to use your hands to handle, finger or feel; reach, climb or balance; crouch, stoop, crawl, kneel and sit. Must have the ability to see and smell; including close, distance and peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus. The employee will regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds; occasionally move 80 pounds or more (such as a loaded wheelbarrow of concrete or soil samples). Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, as defined by the ADA.
Triad Engineering is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm that provides geotechnical and civil engineering, landscape architecture, environmental services, land surveying, construction testing and monitoring services to a wide range of clients. We are an employee-owned firm with nearly 200 employees throughout West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Ohio and offer an extensive benefits package.
Triad Engineering Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. As a condition of employment, candidates are required to take and pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Triad Engineering, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer