- This is a permanent/Direct Hire position
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift available
- The Welder must be capable of setting-up and operate a wide range of Fabrication and Welding equipment to include but not limited to the following: band saw, cut off saw, slitting saw, rollers, shears, brake press, press, pipe, laser, plasma, weld, and various power tools.
- Make complex setups and hold close tolerances in the fabrication and weld manufacturing cycle of a variety of parts made from various materials and configurations—bar stock, ferrous and nonferrous metals, stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum, Monel, Inconel, and Hy80
- Maintaining/improving housekeeping standard in his/her work area and adhering to established safety rules and practices
- In-process and completed welds shall meet visual and workmanship requirements IAW governing fabrication document(s) to include but not limited to: weld contouring, joint fit-up inspection, 5X visual inspection of root weld, weld spatter removal, arc strikes, etc.
- Performs fitting and fabrication functions as assigned.
- Must understand the shop floor computerized time and attendance system and independently execute assigned responsibilities.
- Employees assigned to closed areas may be required to assist with ancillary tasks such as painting, blasting, and assembly to ensure product completed.
- Should have at least a High School Diploma with 3-5 years of Welding/Fabricating experience.
- Must be able to weld the following processes and pass functional weld test: GTAW) Gas Tig Arc Weld; (GMAW) Pulsed Spray; Gas Mig Arc Weld; (FCAW) Flux Core Arc Weld; Stick Metal Arc Weld (SMAW); Automatic Submerged Arc Welding (SAW) Air Arcing
- Must be able to weld the following materials: Steel, Stainless, Aluminum, and any other materials, some of the high complexity, required by a particular program.
- Must have knowledge of welding symbols IAW MIL-STD-22 or ANSI/AWS A2.4.
- Must have the knowledge and skill to set, use, and read precision layout and measuring instruments.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret multi-paged complex blueprints.
- Must possess the knowledge, skill, and ability to set up and operate metalworking and welding equipment.
- Must have the ability, confidence, and self-motivation to apply talents independently and with good judgment.
At Amtec, we care about you and your career. Since 1959, we have changed the lives of thousands of people for the better - people just like you. It is our goal to help you find meaningful work by matching your character, competence, and culture with an organization that truly values what you have to offer. Whether you want a contract assignment, a temp-to-perm job, or a regular full-time position, we are here to be your partner throughout your whole career.
Role: Welder II (TIG, Fluxcore)
Apply for this job now.