Our client are a global household name operating in the Banking sector.
They currently have a wide range of projects ongoing in the bank linked to a multicloud adoption strategy.
Cyber security is at the heart of their company culture and given their industry and sensitive nature of business diligence and expertise are what make them a leader in their field.
As a note this role is for a hands on cloud Engineer who can demonstrate strong experience in security.
Google cloud experience is highly desirable but you can still be successful if you are strong with AWS/Azure.
Financial services experience is also highly desirable
What We Expect Of You, Day To Day.
- This specific opportunity requires someone with a keen desire to work as part of a global team to act as a cloud security champion to further the direction and strategy; to work closely with all security stakeholders to continuously improve the Cybersecurity services provided
- Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions
- To act as a security SME specifically focused on cloud security, automation, and monitoring technologies (Cloud Discovery, Cloud Hosting Security Monitoring, CASB, DLP and data analytics)
- The ability to support and contribute across other security technologies to complement the VPL Cybersecurity Engineering function.
- Work with the Cybersecurity Incident response team to develop enhanced monitoring using applied threat intelligence and sensor enrichment.
- The ability to support and contribute across other security technologies to complement the Cyber Engineering function and stay abreast of emerging technologies and proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organisation.
- Develop and expand API framework to InterconnecT Security Tools.
- Document processes and artefacts as part of the security remediation projects.
Other key skills and experience
- You will need to be passionate about learning technologies and understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each, identifying opportunities for integration with other toolsets to increase the layers of defence
- As well as being self-disciplined, organised and able to prioritise and plan your own workload, you will be expected to understand the rest of the team's activities
- You will be expected to know your stakeholders and understand their needs to provide an excellent service. Excellent soft skills are essential to support team members when required as well as communicating with others teams inside and outside of Cybersecurity
- Cloud Security Certification or equivalent industry certification to demonstrate cloud security awareness.
- A very high level and demonstrable Cloud Security experience
- Familiarity with SSO design and setup,cloud based IAM solutions for Saas & Paas solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of administration of Cloud Security Tools ie
- Exposure to AWS/Azure/GCP. Experience of on boarding applications to Cloud based security monitoring tools.
Trading as TEKsystems. Allegis Group Limited, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. . Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at our website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request.
Role: Cloud Security Engineer - Remote working in the UK
Job Type: Contract
Location: Manchester, Lancashire,
Apply for this job now.