Wyndley Grange Nursing Home is looking for their next Maintenance Assistants in Sutton Coldfield!
Maintenance Assistant Duties:
- Manage the Maintenance Book within the nursing Home and prioritise requests, ensuring work is completed in a timely manner
- Attend to personnel visiting the site such as contractors to ensure seamless service provision
- Undertake PAT testing on all portable equipment in accordance with the Homes Health and Safety Policy, and have responsibility for Fire Alarm testing and documentation
- Ensure the air conditioning and heating equipment is working efficiently and effectively
- Be responsible for maintaining and ensuring the Homes security systems
- Undertake handy persons duties such as: painting and decorating, general plumbing, joinery, internal glazing, curtain/picture hanging, mattress servicing, furniture maintenance/distribution,
- Support I.T. set up and implementation, PPE distribution, Building and equipment fault finding, routine H&S duties i.e. Water checks.
- Support distribution of deliveries to sites and using the Home's industrial equipment i.e. Carpet Cleaner.
- Take part in monthly audits to improve and maintain high and safe standards of service delivery
- Ensure the grounds and gardens are maintained to a high standard, including the Homes external environment
- Ensure overall tidiness of the gardens and patio areas, maintaining shrubs, hedges and borders
- Attend training sessions to support role.
Maintenance Assistant Requirements:
- As a minimum, good standard of general education incorporating literacy, numeracy and manual dexterity. Candidates willing to achieve Maintenance Qualifications e.g. NVQ Level 2 in plumbing, carpentry or electrics would be supported to achieve this following a successful 3-month probationary period
- A minimum of 12 months relevant building maintenance experience within a healthcare environment
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the Health and Safety at work Act
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of COSHH regulations
- Excellent practical skills in basic plumbing, carpentry, electric and decorating
- Physically strong and capable of working with machinery or heavy equipment
- Caring and compassionate disposition with a 'can-do' attitude
- Reliable, flexible, supportive, approachable and work well in a team
- Take part in weekly COVID-19 testing
Maintenance Assistant Benefits:
- A competitive salary of £11 to £12.75 per hour dependant on experience
- 28 days annual leave per year (including all bank holidays)
- Support to undertake relevant qualifications dependant on experience
- A comprehensive Induction Programme
- Genuine training and development opportunities to extend current knowledge base
- Flexible shift pattern
- Employer Contributory Pension Scheme
- Generous paid breaks and refreshments whilst on duty, including free meals if working a long day
- Free DBS and flu and COVID-19 vaccination
- Staff uniform and a pleasant working environment
About the Company:
We are currently looking for experienced Maintenance Assistants to join our luxury Nursing Home within Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands. Flexible full and part time positions are available. The successful candidates will earn between £11.00 to £12.75 per hour dependant on experience, with excellent training and development opportunities.
Wyndley Grange Nursing Home is located within a beautiful lakeside setting on the edge of Sutton Park Nature Reserve. It is an established family run business, with a genuine passion