This role is a responsible for modelling and coordination of CAD information through ProjectWise to assure alignment with the client’s requirements.
- Produce 3D Models from 2D drawings to support the planners team in the 4D sequencing.
- Produce surfaces and solids from the Topo survey or Lidar survey to be manipulated in accordance with earthworks and excavation sequencing programme.
- Produce 2D/3D site layout plans, cross-sections and details to support the construction team in the detailed planning of the project.
- Implement CAD standards to ensure the required quality of drawings is maintained
- Support the BIM lead with input to the 3D model as required
- Work closely with the engineering LOT team assisting with any CAD requirements
- Produce 3D sections from Utility surveys
- Utilise survey data to produce engineering drawings
- Work closely with BIM Coordinator, Temporary works Coordinator, Planners and Construction agents to produce the 3D models.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a CAD technician for civil engineering work and earthworks. Experience in other industries and disciplines will be considered.
- Good understanding on construction sequencing layouts or sketches to guide the modelling sequencing.
- Skills with 2D and 3D modelling
- Creativity to produce 3D models realistically, using libraries, Google Earth and internet.
- A strong work ethic and an enthusiasm to learn and develop
- Certified AutoCAD or AutoCAD Civil software professional or senior experience level proved.
- Microstation or AecoSIM Basics & Projectwise experience
- Bentley Railtrack, In Roads and Power Civils is desirable