The person in this position will develop specifications for new production automated test equipment, coordinate development of test properties with outside parties, and lead system integration of new production test equipment for high voltage battery production. Champions continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs and comply with testing specifications. Analyzes different variables involved in product launches and communicates results to appropriate personnel; areas may include design validation, reliability analysis, qualification of new components, line failure analysis, production startup, et cetera. Performs other duties as necessary for completion of projects and achievement of departmental goals.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop HW/SW specifications for production automated test equipment (ATE) to support production and engineering environments.
- Assist in development of product specific end-of-line test criteria to meet customer and production quality team deliverables.
- Support estimation of scope of work, duration of tasks, and determination of design requirements.
- Support tool evaluations and choices as part of the team.
- Understand system requirements and develop system and/or ECU test cases.
- Lead / support development of new production automated test equipment for software and hardware.
- Lead system integration for production test equipment.
- Collaborate with other LabVIEW developers.
- Influence / guide development of Samsung LabVIEW reuse library.
- Support software maintenance and upgrades for existing production test equipment written in LabVIEW.
- Assist in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of production automated test equipment or other equipment as needed.
- Analyze/troubleshoot production rejects, and EOL test issues.
- Analyze production test data to determine test property capability and lead continuous improvement efforts related to production ATE.
- Meets with subordinates in a spirit of teamwork to discuss progress of work, resolve problems, and ensure that standards for quality and quantity of work are met.
- Manage individual project schedules, staying abreast of issues which may affect delivery timetables.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts. Research, recommend, and implement new and/or existing products, processes, materials and equipment.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Four (4+) years of test engineering, quality assurance, or software development experience.
- High voltage or electrified vehicle safety training and hands on work experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills with basic Microsoft applications. (Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Software validation and verification experience.
- Automotive electrical ECU testing experience.
- LabVIEW experience certification preferred. (CLD, CLA, CLAD)
- Familiarity with LabVIEW RT is preferred.
- Familiarity with Automotive vehicle networks. (CAN, LIN, XCP)
- Experience using CAN tools such as ETAS INCA, Vector CAN Tools (CANOe, CANalyzer, CANAPE, etc.…)
- Basic electrical circuit knowledge.
- Requirements development experience.
- Familiarity with software release process including source code control and code reviews.
- Familiarity with common HW control protocols. (SCPI, TCP, RS232, GPIB, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and effectively with others.
- International travel on per case basis required.
Since entering the lithium-ion battery business in 2000, Samsung SDI has established itself as a leader in the field by constantly developing market-leading technologies and products. It has established the trust of its customers by actively responding to the demands of its customers and the market. Samsung SDI also introduced the Manufacturing Execution System, which an excellent system based on the spirit of prioritizing quality. The company has ranked number one* in terms of the global market share of the lithium-ion batteries since 2010 through continuous technological innovation and market-driven activities, and it has established itself as a global leader of the lithium-ion battery market.
Role: Production Test Software Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills,
Apply for this job now.