Company: JENA CHOCTAW PINES CASINO
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
SUPERVISOR: Cage Manager EXEMPT (Y/N): Yes
CLASSIFICATION: Key Employee
Under general direction from the Cage Manager, safeguards the assets of the casino by overseeing the cashiers and cage functions to ensure that monetary transactions are executed for guests in an accurate, professional and courteous manner. Ensures all cage functions operate in accordance with established policies, procedures and gaming regulations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes work schedules and methods for cage operations;assists in implementing policies procedures,programs,methods,and systems in accordance with gaming regulations
- Improves staff effectiveness by counseling, training and recommending disciplinary action for employees;planning, delegating, monitoring,and appraising job tasks and results in a timely manner
- Hosts regular staff meetings to ensure communication between personnel and cage activities
- Keeps leadership and other departments informed of status of cage activities by attending meetings and submitting reports
- Ensures cashiering functions are executed according to gaming regulations and established policies and procedures
- Verifies pay outs as needed
- Responds to guest service interactions in a professional and timely manner,achieving positive resolutions
- Approves customer credit within established credit guidelines
- Trouble shoot and resolve problems in all Cage areas
- Performs functions of cage cashiers as required
- Records all cash coming into the cage area; maintains accurate inventory and balance
- Ensures appropriate documentation and signatures on all required transactions
- Performs drop and count procedures in accordance with gaming and company regulations and departmental policies and procedures
- Implements and participates in staff development and training programs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences; reviewing professional publications and establishing networks.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
ACCESS TO SENSITIVE AREAS AND INFORMATION:
- Cage- Unlimited access, except where noted, to all restricted
- Count Room- Access with notification to Surveillance and with the permission of the department
- Gaming Commission Surveillance Monitor Room or Access to Surveillance Tape Review Room with an approval from
- Poker or Pit Area- Access with notification to Surveillance and with a Table Games Manager
- Casino Cages
- Department personnel files when accompanied by HR Cash Operations office
- Casino Cage key
- Casino Cage Cashier window keys Casino Cage Key
- Cash Operation office keys Tip Box Access Keys
- All cage related forms
- HR related forms
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- High School Diploma or GED plus three years cashiering experience preferably in a casino or banking environment, plus one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license
- Tribal preference