Job Summary - CSR I,II
- Provides exceptional customer service to our clients and their pets by building sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication, providing accurate, valid and complete information by using trained methods/tools, keeping records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents, follows communication procedures, guidelines and policies and takes the extra mile to engage customers.
- Provide quality client communication through accurate use of electronic medical record keeping, clerical duties client education.
- Promote hospital services and products; support staff members through knowledge of hospital procedures, protocols, etc.
- Establish a trust between MAH and our clients
- Maintain the established service, safety, and housekeeping standards.
- Learn effective communication skills with clients and outside contacts
- Conduct self as a professional to all employees
- Answer phones - schedules appointments, surgeries, records conversations and takes messages, confirms appointments, and makes follow-up calls and call backs, etc.
- Fills prescriptions and gives instruction
- Prepare invoices, collect, and process payments. End of day reconciliation.
- Explain/demonstrate products, answer questions, record sales.
- Update client files and prepare and mail thank-you, sympathy cards.
- Well-versed regarding parasites, vaccines, routine surgeries, heartworm, flea prevention, etc.
- Support and set as an example hospital protocols and MAH.
- Comply with safety standards within OSHA regulations.
- Should have strong communication skills and be an active listener
- Can multitask and prioritize
- Required High School Diploma or GED
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Problem Solving - Works well in group problem solving situations
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification when necessary
- Witten Communication - writes clearly and concisely; Edits work
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to handle frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Occasionally required to sit
- Frequently required to stand and walk
- Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel - finger dexterity and hand coordination required
- Specific vision abilities required are: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust or focus
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to bend, lift, or climb
- Often required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds)
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-40 pounds)
- Infrequently required to lift, with assistance, weight 50 pounds or above
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals
- Possible risk of electrical shock
- Possible risk of radiation
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud with large amount of background noise
We are a group of progressive, fast paced, well established small animal practice(s) in beautiful North San Diego. We are a 3-location practice where patient care is a priority and the client is paramount. We offer state of the art digital x-rays, digital ultrasound, surgical laser, endoscopy and in-house laboratory to name a few.
Role: Customer Service Representative (CSR/Reception)
Apply for this job now.