General Scope of Work:
Under direct supervision, completes assigned commissioning, preventive maintenance, inspection and testing on building controls and facilities management systems.
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Main Duties - Skill Set Requirements:
1. Assists more experienced personnel in commissioning and diagnosing problems on less complex electric/electronic control systems.
2. Assists more experienced personnel with installation and scheduled check-out of building controls and systems.
3. Calibrates systems requiring basic electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters, decade boxes, network terminals and/or a lap top computer. Performs preventive maintenance of building systems.
4. Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Reports activities to customer including services performed, problems resolved and outstanding problems.
5. Completes paperwork including time sheets, expense sheets, service orders and on-site documentation.
6. Keeps management informed of job progress and issues. Complete all required commissioning documentation.
7. Adheres to safety standards.
8. Begins self-study (reading, research and practice) to attain technical proficiency in company's product lines.
Other duties related to the commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities management systems as assigned.
Associate degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field.Degree may be offset by two years’ experience in servicing electronic and/or mechanical systems.Effective interpersonal skills to properly represent the company.
Ability to operate a PC.
Established in 1983, W.J. O'Neil is a multi-faceted mechanical contractor specializing in industrial and commercial installations and service. With decades of experience and diverse skill sets, the company is united by a singular purpose: to exceed the expectations of our clients.
From the smallest service job to the largest construction project, we deliver quality work each and every time. Achieving customer satisfaction has solidified the company's outstanding reputation in the Mechanical Contracting Industry.
Role: HVAC Building Automation Technician Level 1
Apply for this job now.