Under general supervision and in accordance with established policies and procedures, the incumbent has the overall accountability for management of the companies’ social media, newsletter and public relations programs. Alongside other members of the marketing department, helps create strategies to meet the companies’ strategic and sales objectives. Uses this information to determine the best ways to reach audiences, to promote products and build brand awareness.
- Gathers and identifies reports and supporting metrics while demonstrating the ability to filter and present resulting data.
- Stewards social media, newsletter and public relations programs to ensure best return on investment and customer delight.
- Confidently interacts with employees at all levels to gather information and insight needed to produce timely and effective content.
- Accurate and timely completion of assigned duties.
- Effective management of press releases, newsletters, social media and award nominations.
- Programs and associated procedures are accurate and compliant and updated timely as determined through routine reviews and audits.
- Alongside other members of the marketing department, helps create strategies to meet the companies’ strategic and sales objectives. Uses this information to determine the best way to reach audiences, to promote products and build brand awareness.
- Develops and manages PR programs. Connects with key trade and local media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news and other initiatives; maintains media lists and conducts ongoing media relations. Gains a thorough understanding of the message or public image and designs a program to reach the targeted audience through press releases, scheduled public appearances and speeches, appoints spokespeople, and communicates with the media and general public.
- Develops and contributes communications assets including press releases, key messages and talking points, content and thought leadership, client stories, newsletters, intranet, etc.
- Develops, maintains and manages social media profiles and presence. Creates exciting and engaging shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread brand and other messages.
- Manages various email communications programs, including the template designs, calls-to-action and content used in our electronic newsletters. Measures and optimizes results.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and complies with all regulations which apply with the scope of the position. Maintains knowledge of, and ensures compliance with, federal, state and local banking, and marketing and human resource regulations and adheres to all bank policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing or Communications.
- Experience in banking or other regulated industries a plus
Desired Job Experience:
5+ years’ of related experience and/or training, experience in banking or other regulated industries a plus