Practice Lead // Banking Executive Recruiter
Our banking practice has an opening for a Practice Leader. This is an active book of business with 35+ clients and a number of job openings. You would be taking over a number of active clients with full ownership over those clients. Youd be recruiting on searches for those clients as well as growing the book of business. You will be responsible for recruiting candidates to fill job openings for our clients, maintaining client relationships, finding new clients, and ultimately growing the practice. This position will have management responsibilities in the short term.
If youre a driven individual who enjoys networking, building relationships, and matching skills with needs, then this is a great opportunity for you.
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience as an Executive Recruiter in the Banking or Finance arenas. This person should be a strong recruiter with a keen ability to connect with both clients and candidates. This role offers a very competitive commission structure.
About Harrison Gray:
At Harrison Gray, we seek to challenge each other to grow and develop professionally. We offer a positive work environment that celebrates success - big or small. We support each other and value each employees voice.
We are a boutique executive search firm located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Since 2013 weve been helping our clients hire the best talent available. Having experienced triple-digit growth year over year, we are growing and looking for someone who wants to grow with us.
The successful candidate will be able to attract first-rate talent and to ensure lasting and successful employees for our clients. Our goal is to exceed clients expectations and to add value to their business.
What fuels our company is our team. We work hard to find the best individuals who want to learn, grow, and run their own book of business. Why Harrison Gray Search is a Great Place to Work:
Freedom You have the freedom to make as much money as you want, free from micromanagement, and free to grow your business as quickly as you can.
Support no one goes it alone. We'll provide you with the strength and resources needed to ensure you've got everything you need to be successful.
Values We believe that doing things the right way results in success. We are a company built on core values that permeate our team. Our core vales are simple: Bring Your Best, Good Grows Slow, We Win Together.
Performance Harrison Gray has a high-performance culture. If you are a high-performing individual its perfect for you.
Mentorship We believe "If you're not growing, you're dying." We have a culture of continuous improvement, direct feedback, and open communication. We'll help you grow and achieve the next level.
The Goal: Our goal is simple: Help our team grow financially, professionally, and personally. We'll teach you everything you need to know about being in the Search Business and help you build a book of business that will provide for you and yours for years to come.
The Skills: As an Executive Recruiter, you will be responsible for generating a steady stream of qualified candidates for our clients open positions. Daily responsibilities will include:
- Cold calling potential candidates and clients and generating interest.
- Interviewing candidates in order to evaluate their abilities.
- Finding great candidates through the use of social media and networking.
- Finding new clients through similar efforts.
- Staying organized - following up with people you connect with and meet.
- Thinking outside of the box to enable placements at every opportunity.
- Building relationships with Insurance and Financial Services Professionals at all levels of experience (1-25 years).
- Increasing your knowledge of your industry to become an expert.
- Working your absolute hardest.
The Requirements: You absolutely MUST see yourself as the type of person who is persuasive and convincing. This could be anything from direct sales experience to fighting for a nonprofit or social justice issue, to convincing people to join a specific club or fraternity in college. We are looking for future leaders who are able to influence through effective communication. We have an industry-leading commission structure.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and grow existing client relationships
- Find new clients
- Work to understand client needs
- Source and recruit qualified candidates
- Conduct qualifying calls to pre-vet candidates
- Utilize our database systems to build a pipeline
- Connect with candidates via phone and email
- Review resumes
- Submit candidates for client consideration
- Walk candidates through the interview process, providing feedback both ways
- Help negotiate offers
- Follow up with the candidate post placement regularly
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- The ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written correspondence
- A positive attitude and team player
- Comfortable with high call and email volume expectations daily
- The ability to work under pressure and a high sense of urgency
- Proven ability to work in an activity-driven work culture
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Must be able to start cold conversations
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of recruiting experience in finance
- A proven track record of inside sales success
- A strong work ethic
- Cold calling experience