Principal Engineer - Aviation
M&E / Building Services
Various UK locations
Our client are building for the future as aviation starts to re-build and are seeking to strengthen their Aviation Design and Engineering team through the appointment of a design manager with a background in architecture and knowledge of this field
With agrowing portfolio of projects which vary in scale and complexity, your role will vary from managing multidisciplinary teams of Mechanical, Electrical, Utilities and fire engineering teams to working on the production of technical drawings and documentation. You will join a dynamic team to work with leading aviation clients in the UK and abroad.
Role responsibilities include;
- To undertake mechanical building services design in UK and international projects with an excellent understanding of regulatory requirements and relevant standards
- Delivery of allocated technical assignments including Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning systems, Public health systems, Sustainable technologies, Renewable Energy systems, etc.
- Design of pipework for heating, cooling, and domestic hot and cold-water systems, including a working understanding of expansion and anti-vibration features.
- Spatial planning and coordination of mechanical Building Services Engineering plant and systems.
- Design and selection of ducted mechanical ventilation systems including buoyancy driven natural ventilation and mixed mode strategies.
- Preparation of psychrometric charts for air conditioning, comfort cooling, and heating analysis and calculations.
- Understanding of occupant comfort and the selection of appropriate room condition criteria.
- design and selection of renewable and low or zero carbon systems and associated plant.
- Selection of plant and equipment items based upon designs including but not limited to Air Handling Units, Fans, Pumps, Pressurisation Units, Expansion Vessels; Boilers, Heat emitters, Humidifiers, Chillers and Heat Pumps, Heat exchangers, Heat pumps, Fan coil units and other similar unitary equipment (eg split and VRF), Ductwork and ductwork ancillaries, Pipework and pipework ancillaries.
- Requirements of Building Regulations, carbon targets, and related sustainability assessment methods.
- Operation of HEVACOMP and/or IES software packages for system and building simulation to inform design, including but not limited to self-checking and presentation of cooling, heating, heat loss, heat gains, ventilation, occupant comfort, pressure loss, EPC's, BER's, TER's, etc. results.
- To undertake consultancy assignments and providing advisory support to Clients and contribute to formulation of design concepts and approaches.
- To undertake design checks and reviews before issue.
- Provide technical and management leadership, planning the delivery and resource requirements to the assigned project/s.
- Contribute to the overall team development and growth through strategic inputs, bringing market intelligence, skill development, mentoring and bringing required talent.
- Design management, team leadership / mentoring and client relationship skills.
- Rise/promote the level of technical excellence relating to mechanical engineering within the team.
- Ensure consistent high quality design delivery in a BIM environment.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- BEng/BSc Degree qualified in Mechanical / Building Services Engineering; MEng / MSc preferred
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
If interested and qualified, apply now!