Part -time Speech and Language Therapist opportunity, making visits to homebound patients. Flexible schedule. Apply today!
Summary: Provides physician ordered speech/language therapy services, which include assessment, planning, developing and implementing an individualized patient therapy plan. Coordinates speech/language therapy with the interdisciplinary team care plan.
• Provide physician ordered speech therapy services.
• Assures orders are renewed, per schedule, or as patient’s response to current orders change.
• Is responsible for completing, in a timely manner, all documentation including initial assessment, visit notes, renewal orders, verbal orders, and discharge summaries.
• Identify patient short/long term goals in terms of functional outcomes. Reflect progress or lack of goal achievement in all charting. Confer with physician and/or disciplinary team regarding patient response to therapy.
• Provide restorative therapy for patients with communication and/or swallowing disorders; including, but not limited to dysarthria, voice problems/disorders, laryngectomy, aphasia and dysphasia.
• Develop alternative communication devices as appropriate.
• Provide instruction in compensatory techniques regarding swallowing disorders as appropriate.
• Ability to teach family and caregivers treatment modalities as well as clearly communicate interdisciplinary team’s philosophy, goals, and outcomes.
• Attend scheduled interdisciplinary staff meetings and actively participate in treatment planning.
• Participate in committees and program development, as indicated.
• Maintain current knowledge by attending related conferences and seminars.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• An MS or MA in Speech/Language Pathologist/Communication Disorders from an approved graduate program and New York State licensed Speech and Language Pathologist required.
• A minimum of 1 year (post graduate, post licensing) experience in an acute care facility and/or an acute/outpatient rehabilitation facility required.
• Ability to travel required. Possession of a valid NYS driver's license required.
• Pre-employment physical examination and an annual health assessment as required by New York State Health Department.
Ability to travel as necessary in order to offer support for on-site visits to groups/brokers, training, and/or off-site meetings.
The Lifetime Healthcare Companies aim to attract the best talent from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify our workforce and best reflect the communities we serve.
Our mission is to foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are explicitly recognized as fundamental parts of our organizational culture. We believe that diversity of thought and background drives innovation which enables us to provide leading-edge healthcare insurance and services. With that mission in mind, we recruit the best candidates from all communities, to diversify and strengthen our workforce.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Lifetime Care, a not for profit Certified Home Health Care Agency (CHHA), is committed to patient and employee satisfaction. Our employees consistently give Lifetime Care high marks for supportive leadership, advancement opportunities, autonomy, work/life balance and more. And we are proud to be nationally recognized by HomeCare Elite.
The agency has grown over the years, and now services patients in 8 counties in the Western and Finger Lakes Regions of New York State including Monroe, Wayne, Cayuga, Seneca, Ontario, Livingston, Yates and Schuyler.
Employment opportunities in these sectors are abundant, particularly for:
• Home Health Aides
• MSW prepared Social Workers
• Registered Nurses
• Physical Therapists
• Occupational Therapists
• Speech Therapists
Lifetime Care offers:
Work/life balance with a variety of work schedules to choose from.
Career advancement opportunities.
Competitive compensation and benefits.
Superior level of attention to employees that makes us the home health care and hospice employer of choice in the Greater Rochester and Finger Lakes Regions.
Strategy and Mission: Our work is purposeful and our direction is clear
Supervisory Consideration: Supervisors are friendly, supportive and helpful.
What Do Employees Say about Lifetime Care? Lifetime Care employees give our agency strong marks in the following:
Overall Job Satisfaction
Training and development
Role: Speech and Language Therapist - Part-time
Apply for this job now.