Finance and Operations Assistant
CACI was founded in 1975 in the UK and offers a range of marketing solutions and information systems to businesses from all industry sectors. We provide market analysis services, marketing data, software and IT consultancy services. The UK Company has a turnover of c£100m and over 750 employees. It is a subsidiary of CACI International Inc., which is quoted on the New York Stock Exchange with a market capitalisation of $3.4bn and has a turnover of c$4.3bn and 19,000 employees worldwide.
As the Finance and Operations Assistant working for CACI Limited, you will be operating as part of a tight knit team helping to run a rapidly growing multi-million pound business. This is an exciting role which will involve handling the day to day finance and operational tasks with the main responsibilities coordinating and monitoring the monthly activities, relating different areas of the business.
The Finance and Operations Assistant role reports to the Head of Finance and Operations, whilst acting as a liaison point with numerous other areas of the business (for example; Finance, Legal, Practice Heads etc.)
The specific responsibilities that relate to this role include.
- Set up projects on NetSuite, allocate resources and maintain the data flow quickly and accurately.
- A good understanding of the revenue forecasting, project profitability and invoicing.
- Be part of the month end process and work closely with the finance and practice manager's team to interpret the data. Be able to quickly analyse the information and provide in depth knowledge.
- Ability to raise invoices correctly and understand any unbilled balances.
- Help the credit controller team with information during the debt collection process.
- Have a good understanding of contractual agreements that allow us to recognise revenue correctly according with the US GAAP.
- Have knowledge of an ERP system and be keen to understand how the reporting is run to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the data.
- Attend sales and delivery team regular business meetings to ensure an open line of communication is being kept and service levels are being met.
- Ability to run standard reports, identify any potential issues as well as ensure that the necessary adjustment happens in timely manner.
- Weekly and Monthly timesheet chasing.
- Gain a good understanding of the client accounts and proactively provide support to sales and delivery teams containing renewal dates, new sales, purchase orders requests as well as getting the signed contractual agreement prior to the work being delivered.
- Help on implementing changes and/or develop new processes as required to provide ability to better manage the information flow and improve the current efficiencies.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Great time management skills - working in Finance and Operations is always very busy. You are at the hub of activity and will need to cope with many conflicting demands on your time. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to prioritise a task list according to the business priorities at the time
- Good commercial acumen - the ability to understand a sensible' business decision and understand how profitability works
- Good problem solving and facilitation skills
- Senior Stakeholder Management - you will need to demonstrate the ability to build successful working relationships with some senior internal stakeholders
- A good understanding of finance is essential for this role
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within an Operations and Finance environment
- Good knowledge of Excel
- NetSuite knowledge
The office is based in Southwark, within walking distance from London Bridge, London Blackfriars and Waterloo stations. Core office hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm.
Role: Finance and Operations Assistant
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.