Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum, Inc benefits
PA to Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
Job descriptionThe PA to SLT contributes to the effective and efficient running of the school by providing a professional support service to the Headteacher, Leadership Team and other Staff members at all times.
· Act as a first point of contact within the school for staff, trustees, governors, local authorities, parents and others seeking contact with the Heads of School.
· To assist the Head Teacher and SLT in organising their administrative workload.
· Liaise with the Head Teacher and SLT regarding the events of the day and following up resultant actions.
· Maintain complex diary management the Head Teacher and SLT, arranging appointments and meetings as appropriate and ensuring that they are adequately briefed and have all relevant papers to be discussed.
· Make necessary travel arrangements for the Head Teacher and SLT.
· Assemble and prepare papers required by the Head Teacher and SLT to attend meetings, prepare reports, or reply to requests for information.
· Ensure that papers are given to the Head Teacher and SLT for the next day’s meetings and that any instructions/directions are obtained prior to the meeting.
· Ensure the maintenance of clear and effective filing, records and other systems and to keep them updated.
· Arrange a variety of weekly meetings and when required, take accurate notes. Ensure that matters arising from meetings are dealt with by the appropriate people within agreed timescales.
· To draft correspondence and other documentation to the Head Teacher and SLT’s specification.
· Make any telephone calls as requested by the Head Teacher and SLT and follow up any resultant actions.
· To deal with electronic mail, both incoming and outgoing, in a secure manner.
· Support the Senior Leadership Team in the organisation and detailed planning of special events, such as parent/teacher meetings.
· Organise workload and prioritise on a daily basis using own initiative and knowledge of the work with minimum supervision from the Head Teacher and SLT.
· Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with regard to issues concerning members of staff and pupils. Respond positively with tact, sensitivity and awareness to pupils and parents in relation to duties undertaken.
· To monitor spending and corresponding budgets, monitoring of admin teams and working closely with the central finance team.
· Assist in the preparation and distribution of the agenda and papers required for SLT meeting.
· To attend and to take accurate minutes of SLT meetings.
· To assist in dealing with complex enquiries or difficult visitors to the school.
· To undertake word processing, electronic communication, filing, photocopying work and to take accurate minutes of meetings as required. #
· Comply with all school policies and procedures, particularly those relating to safeguarding and child protection, equality and diversity, health and safety, behaviour and data protection, reporting concerns to the Heads of School or Designated Safeguarding Lead.
· Attend relevant training and take responsibility for own development.
· Attend relevant school meetings as requested by the Head Teacher and SLT.
· Attend occasional evening events and other school events as required.
· Work closely with all teaching staff and provide any reminders regarding the daily routine and ensure that all relevant staff know any important details.
· Undertake training to become a Qualified First-Aider and Fire Warden.