*This position must maintain valid Auto Insurance and a valid Michigan Driver's License. If you do not have these items, then you will not move forward in the onboarding process.
Performs personal care activities, including but not limited to:
- Skin care/nail care
- Oral hygiene
Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the therapist.
- Range of motion exercises
- Assistance in ambulation or exercises
Performs household services essential to health care at home, including but not limited to:
- Meal preparation/feeding
- Light housekeeping
Assists in the administration of medications that are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (per state nurse practice laws and agency policy).
Provides care that minimizes the risk of skin breakdown by being attentive to the client’s hygiene, proper positioning and injury prevention. Observe and report the presence of skin breakdown to nurse on the case or the Clinical Director.
Performs tasks that may include, but is not limited to, providing wound care (including wet to dry dressing changes), catheter care and ostomy care.
Reports any observed or reported changes in the patient’s condition and/or needs to the Registered Nurse or Therapist. Follows reporting guidelines in the Care Plan.
Documents care provided and completes the forms required for the patient’s records. Completes the appropriate records to document care given and pertinent observations. Submits documentation per agency requirements.
Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for patients by observing infection control practices, following agency guidelines, and reporting unsafe situations to the Case Manager / Clinical Director.
Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. Does not use equipment until orientation about its operation has been provided. Notifies Clinical Director of educational needs.
Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team through verbal reports, participation in staff meetings, and team conferences, as requested.
Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
Attends in-service programs to meet compliance requirements. Identifies learning needs to Clinical Director.
This list is not all inclusive, and only highlights the primary responsibilities of the position. This person will be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess High school diploma or GED.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Must be dependable, mature, and able to use sound judgment to quickly assess and appropriately respond in a variety of situations.
- Must pass criminal history check as specified by licensing agencies.
- Must have the ability to drive, possess a valid driver’s license, as well as, chauffer’s license and auto insurance.
- Have a working knowledge and abide by Attendant Care Companies’ policies and procedures, health standards, treatment plans, behavior techniques, and diffusion of acting out behavior.
- Must be able to work non-standard, flexible hours.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, bend, twist, and reach without restrictions.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the facility, which includes a medical and physical examination and drug exam. An annual health review is required.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of fifty pounds to a minimum height of 3 feet and able to push, pull, move, and/or carry weight a minimum distance of 50-75 feet.
- Must have knowledge, ability, and skills necessary to lift, support, and transfer a resident after being trained in the proper body mechanics techniques.
- Must be able to walk 3 to 4 miles within the facility, intermittently throughout the work day.
- Subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, and visitors.
- May have to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends, holidays, and other shifts when necessary, with due compensation.
Attendant Care Companies was established in 2003, as a Private Duty Home Health Care Agency. Through out the years, the agency has grown to include Skilled Nursing Services, Residential Traumatic Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury rehabilitation. Attendant Care Companies was created to provide genuine care and comfort to Metro-Detroit communities and its residents to support independence and well-being for those served. We offer care to seniors, as well as to individuals with varied lifestyle needs, and people with disabilities.see less
Home Health Care, Catostrophic Injury Rehabilitation, TBI and SCI residential living, Companionship
Industry Hospital & Health Care
51145 Nicolette Dr., New Baltimore, MI 48047 United States
Role: Home Health Aide
Apply for this job now.