Brite Services are recruiting for an experienced Advanced Health Practitioner on temporary assignment until end March 2021 to work for a local authority based in Torquay within Public Health Team for response to Covid Pandemic.Hours 37 hours per week
Key purpose of job
To undertake a variety of tasks throughout the whole of the public health department to contribute to improving the health and wellbeing of Torbay residents using public health knowledge and expertise.
To contribute to and lead on the development and implementation of a number of different local public health programmes Provide a lead role within the Torbay Covid response team and the local enhanced contact tracing team To provide expert public health advice within the department and to partners to improve the health and wellbeing of Torbay residents.
To lead on and contribute to the development, management and delivery of short and long term operational and strategic projects within the Public Health arena and across the wider partnership, in order to address emerging issues.
To contribute to the production of health needs assessments.
To contribute to the public health 'core offer' to the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
- Application of evidence based public health
- Appraise published evidence and the identification of implications for own area of work
- Analysis and interpretation of health data & information
- Effective negotiating and facilitation skills
- Effective presentation skills including the ability to present complex issues with clarity to meet the needs of the target audience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of different people using different methods
- Able to work across organisational and professional boundaries to achieve results.
- Able to plan and manage projects within a changing environment
- Organisational skills - including the ability to prioritise workloads within timescales and meet deadlines- to operate effectively across complex work cultures and environments.
- Flexible approach to a range of work.
- Proficiency in the use of desktop applications (Microsoft Office) MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Proficient keyboard skills for quick, accurate and efficient production of necessary documents, including emails and reports.
- Knowledge of the public health/health improvement agenda and wider determinants of health
- Health protection experience.
- Experience of working with community groups to empower them to make decisions and take action in their neighbourhoods.
- Budget management
- Organising and providing training programmes
- Working with elective members of local government
A relevant degree or professional qualification and prince2 qualification or equivalent
Please apply with your CV