Are you highly inquisitive with a committed approach to improving performance? Do you want to make an impact on the future of technology?
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with industry leaders to define and deliver secure and efficient compute solutions for the future client devices spanning across broad market segments.
We are looking for a Staff System Analyst who has an understanding of computer architecture, media components, SoC design & systems knowledge to join the team.
If the challenge of working in a collaborative, fun and creative culture on state of the art technology excites you, we look forward to receiving your application!
About the role
Working as a member of the Performance Analysis team within Central Technology. The role of a Staff System Analyst is to evaluate Arm IP for system performance within a SoC context.
Computing devices are expected to deliver ever more system performance across a wide range of diverse use cases including compelling AR experiences and applications with deeply embedded AI and ML.
You will be focused on use-case analysis to help Arm understand how to deliver the performance through architectural advancements, hardware optimisations and optimal IP configurations.
As a Staff Performance Analysis Engineer/ Staff System Analyst you will be responsible for :
- Defining and leading performance investigations
- Development, de-composition and characterisation of workloads based on complex real-world use-cases
- Simulation of future SoC IP configurations in order to explore full system performance and to help influence partners IP selection.
- Profiling generation-on-generation performance of pre-silicon RTL to fully understand the competitiveness of Arm based devices.
- Collaborating with Research, Architecture and Engineering teams across Arm
- Provide direction and mentoring to other members of your team
Job Requirements What skills, experience, and qualifications will you need?
- University degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, although other disciplines will also be considered
- You should have a background in System-on-Chip Architecture, with experience in one or more application domains (i.e. Multi-media, Processor, Video, Audio, Control).
- You will need knowledge of bus architectures, Quality-of-Service techniques, and memory technologies.
- RTL experience and micro-architectural knowledge at System-on-Chip or IP level.
- You should be familiar with UNIX and Perl, Python and shell scripting.
- You will possess good analytical skills, with the ability to understand and resolve complex system issues.
- Ability to work under time-scale pressure and to meet targets whilst retaining quality output. A willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges is important.
- Good interpersonal skills are vital, in particular, being able to express ideas and to communicate effectively.
- Ability to schedule own workload and plan tasks and to work unsupervised as part of a project team.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of SystemVerilog.
- Performance Analysis experience at System-on-Chip level, either modelling or benchmarking.
- Assembly language programming, ideally in Arm assembler.
- Programming language, such as C or C++.
Please note, this role is available in the UK as well as in Sophia Antipolis, the Nice area in France. Apply, we are willing to hear from you!
About the Team
We are a team of highly motivated engineers ensuring that Arm maintain its leadership position by helping our partners build competitive devices. Using detailed competitive analysis, rigorous workload characterisation and advanced software modelling, we are successfully influencing Arm engineering teams and its partners.
The engineers within the team have a diverse range of skills and experience allowing us to expertly understand software from user space to firmware, and device-level hardware through to the detailed microarchitecture. You will enjoy working in a highly stimulating collaborative environment. Our team works closely with CPU, GPU, Media, architecture & lines of business.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying 'I don't know'.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To find out more information and to apply, please click APPLY NOW.
Role: Staff System Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire,
Apply for this job now.