The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the HR Function at Ex-Cell Kaiser, with (eventual) oversight of the HR administrator at Century Metal Spinning. The key areas of responsibility include employee relations; recruiting, training and development; performance management and compensation; benefits administration; legal/compliance; policy development and administration; and employee retention. This position will play a vital role in taking the human resource function to the next level at both companies. It is a highly visible role that will work closely with ownership, management and all employees across the organization. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing the day-to-day responsibilities of the HR function
- Managing recruiting and temporary labor staffing efforts
- Serving as a resource for employee questions, concerns and issues related to their employment
- Advising departmental managers on policy interpretation, procedures and employee relations; ensuring policies are enforced and corrective action/discipline is administered timely and impartially; this includes supporting the Director of Manufacturing Operations in handling of union relations and grievances; consulting with the employment attorney as necessary
- Participating in the development, implementation and communication of new policies and procedures to affect continual improvements in company efficiency, legal compliance and employee development and retention; this includes company handbooks and Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Ensuring compliance with all state, federal and local laws; keeping abreast of new trends and best practices; implementing required action as needed and communicating all changes
- Managing all HRIS requirements for employee records, benefit plans, and other employment record keeping, including accident reporting, workers comp claims, preparation of annual compliance reporting, benefit census, 401(k) non-discriminatory census, etc.
- Administering the performance review program, maintaining job descriptions (grade levels) to ensure effectiveness in support of employee development and company growth and compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement; this includes conducting wage surveys to evaluate compensation in association with performance and other merit based programs
- In collaboration with managers, assisting with performance development and performance issues
- Researching, recommending and implementing company-wide training, safety awareness & wellness initiatives
- Administering health, benefit and business insurance plans including open enrollments, claim filing and resolution, and working with management during annual renewals
- Developing annual budget and departmental goals in line with growth and financial targets
- Participating in all collective bargaining activities
- BS degree, preferably in business with an emphasis on Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of experience in HR administration and management, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years recruiting experience; experience working with temporary labor a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish
- Strong employee relations and employee development experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability communicate effectively across all levels within the organization and to deal effectively with conflict
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal, local employment/labor laws and regulations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications for building presentations, handling correspondence and creating/maintaining spreadsheets for project time lines.
- Experience working with unions and exposure to the Collective Bargaining Process a plus
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment a plus
Ex-Cell Kaiser is a developer and manufacturer of unique, high-quality recycling, hospitality and facility management products. With over 75 years of experience, we’re well versed in custom designing cost-effective solutions for market-specific applications around the world.
But we can’t take all the credit. We’ve been listening to our clients and incorporating their feedback into our products from day one. Good thing, because these collaborative relationships have proven instrumental in not just reacting to but anticipating what the market — and our clients — will need next.
And that leads to another important point. While we take great pride in our extensive product line and custom manufacturing capabilities, Ex-Cell Kaiser isn’t just about products; it’s about people. The people that manufacture and design the products. The people that walk you through the purchase process. The people that make sure our clients find the product that fits the specific needs of their sites. Without our team of experts - people like you - we wouldn't be able to serve our clients who have kept us in business for over 75 years.
Role: Human Resources Manager
Location: Franklin Park,
Apply for this job now.